Rubber Feet

tkam

I moved into my new place last week and the room where my Selah 3D's will be going has hardwood floors. The 3D's currently have rather large metal spikes for feet, and I'm looking to replace them with rubber feet to avoid damaging the hardwood floor. I need some suggestions on rubber feet that screw in and have a recess for 1/4-20 machine screw.

I have Herbie's Audio Lab's threaded stud glider under my Eminent Tech speakers w/ SA stands. They've worked well for my purpose (making speakers bit more stable and protecting the hardwood floor) and they also make making placement adjustments a breeze.

Herbie's Threaded Stud Glider

They also have spike/cone coasters with glider bottom on them if you prefer to keep your cones/spikes.

I had the same problem and used a cheap solution suggested to me on head-fi (gasp). I bought 8 hockey pucks and put them under the spikes. They are thicker than the spike is long, so the spikes can't go through to the floor. When I move the speaker stand, the pucks stay on the spikes.

My total cost was less than one Herbie's Threaded Stud Glider.

Thanks Haj, I think those are something like them will be perfect.

Try your local Home depot or such they have them in all sizes for chairs.

IEC's teflon sliders, floor protectors shopping cart - LevelingMounts.com - leveling mounts, adjustable levelers, leveling glides, leg levelers, leveling feet, leveling pads, vibration mounts, swivel levelers, rigid levelers, swivel glides, cabinet h or

Find a variety of Mintcraft Furniture Glides at Aubuchon Hardware

Sorry, I didn't have the time to check to see if the thread size is correct for you.