Apple TV

Oh, oops, I meant to say ipad + remote app. So yes, I am using remote app to control the apple tv, instead of the remote it comes with. Much better if you have to type anything, for example, searching on you tube, netflix, etc.

Just realized that there is no way to stream mlb.tv on the Apple tv yet. :( Good thing the season is almost over. Perhaps they will have this feature by next season.

• 5 weeks later...

Ok, it's movie night in the Monkey House. "How to Train Your Dragon" is available for purchase from the iTunes store. However, it's not in HD. There's a little note stating that it's available in HD on the Apple TV. I looked and there it is...only for rent. If I buy the movie on my 'puter, do you think AppleTV is smart and kind enough to play it in HD?

Ok, it's movie night in the Monkey House. "How to Train Your Dragon" is available for purchase from the iTunes store. However, it's not in HD. There's a little note stating that it's available in HD on the Apple TV. I looked and there it is...only for rent. If I buy the movie on my 'puter, do you think AppleTV is smart and kind enough to play it in HD?

I doubt it considering you're not actually buying it in HD, and damn, it's pricey on iTunes - it's only $3 less than BD/DVD combo pack from Amazon.

I ask this question again, since I never got an answer. With the new Apple TV is there a way to limit which movies, TV shows and music that streams to it (other than with parental controls), so that those of us with huge iTunes libraries don't spend an hour scrolling through the list of everything available in the library just trying to find something that looks interesting to watch or listen to?

I've tried setting my 1st Gen ATV to stream everything to see what it's like, and I can't deal with the huge number of files in the library that show up as I'm scrolling through my content. I have ripped hundreds of DVD and have a hi-res and low-res copy of each, and same with my music where I have a 320K and ALAC version of everything I rip. I only want my favorite 100-200 movies or shows to be listed for watching, and maybe 100-200 albums as well, etc...

^ Try "uncheck"ing the files you don't want to stream.

Well, then I can't sync that stuff to my iPhone/iPad until I recheck it. I only want to have our favorite movies/shows/music show up on ATV, not everything. But unchecking 600 movies out of 800, just so only the top 200 show up on Apple TV is a bit too much work.

^^^ or create a playlist?

Can I tell iTunes to only share those playlists with ATV, or is everything still available? And to be sure, you're saying that I can make a playlist of my favorite 100-200 movies, and then find the movie and play it from the the playlist. I've only used playlists for music before.