Have I been listening at too many stats?

forbigger

Recently I borrowed HD580 (NOS) from my friend. I hook it up to the meager Glite and Pico DAC. The more I listen to it, the more I prefer it to my KGSS/O2 Mk2+Stello. I have to admit that I'm the stat mafia ever since I left dynamic. I have HF2 which is gathering dust now, I sold my K701 but this is something I absolutely can live with albeit not as great as stats......

Does anyone here thinks that these measly HD580 is up to notch with the big boys ? Or my taste in SQ has taken a step backwards? I mean as of now and switching back between the O2, there's not way of differences there. :palm::palm:

Edit : I used to borrow HD650 from the same guy. boring. didn't like it. Is there that much of differences between the two ? I thought they're supposedly the same driver?

you guys are correct.....since i cannot edit my post now, fwir, 580=600. thanks for explanation. i think im going to buy it and make it as alternate dynamic setup. perhaps i should tone down my euphoria a bit as there's no way this thing can match to o2. but its a fun headphone to listen to casually, sing along with it. i believe one could find lots of drawbacks vs stats if look really deep.

used hd580's have been going for $150'ish or less recently on ebay. There's a couple pairs up there now as well.

the one in my possession now is practically BNIB NOS.....price should warrant i guess

I have an extra pair I can sell. PM if you are interested.

See them here.

thanks.....will consider if my deal with my friend didn't work out

• 2 months later...