slower forum

Knuckledragger

^ Saw this recently and my first reaction was... sadly, this will probably be the crowning achievement of Twinkee Boy's life.

And coincidentally, that was my first thought as well.

And then I had a sad about Twinkees' demise all over again.  Even though I never eat them, it was kind of nice to know that they were out there.  Now I'm going to have to go and have some Capt'n Crunch with ice cold whole milk for my sweetness overload.

Two fortune cookie fortunes I had recently:

You have much skill in expressing yourself to be effective.
"Too bad you don't" was my first thought.
All your hard work will soon pay off.
"...in bed", really?  That's one place where I do not work hard.

ahYDe.jpg

BUbSM.jpg

tdqDR.jpg

ErObJ.jpg

vugyy.jpg

I've been back on slsk recently.  Now nearly 11 years on, it's not as active as it was in the heyday of 2003-2006.  Still, it's a place to find things that are impossible to locate anywhere else.  I found Redshift - Downtime in FLAC via a guy from Argentina.  Seriously look at the sale prices of a used copy of that album.  Anyway, the point is that last night I met a guy who makes atmospheric DNB in the style of mid-90s LTJ Bukem.  The photo above is of his studio.  It's kind of weird and torn because he took it from a 3D panorama or something.  It's a small world, that blue sequencing looking thing on the left is a Yamaha RM1x.  I bought one of those new in 1998.  I still have it, but it's little more than a dust collector these days. :/  I listened to a couple of his tracks, they're pretty good: Rapid Transport is a collaboration with the mirthfully-titled "James Rejoyce."