Whats wrong with my O2Mk2?

forbigger

was just told by my audiophile friend whom borrowed my stats setup - kgss + o2mk2 that during low level listening sometimes a very faint static appear. Try it myself today and yes, it does randomly appear. Only on low level listening and the static was very faint and very short but still my ear can catch it.....anyone knows whats wrong ?? thanks

I would have loved to see that dust cover disappear into the vacuum... :lol:

The only way to remove the dust is to open up the driver and hope you can clear it out without adding some more dust. If the phones still have warranty left then Stax will exchange the drivers since this shouldn't happen at all. The drivers are assembled in a clean room just to make sure of that.

thanks birgir.....guess i would leave it as it is. its not annoying enough for me to take such a drastic measure. i bought the headphone used from one of the HC/HF "celebrity", in absolutely mint condition......and warranty is already over i guess

and thanks to ken too for cutting me some slack again

Edited by forbigger

The only person I know who has tried a vacuum is Birgir's favorite Israeli.

:facepalm: Might have been the only person, but the O2 were maybe not the only Stax phones cleaned. I had the displeasure of dealing with him with an LNS sold to me that I suspect that was treated similarly.

Edited by manaox2