iPhone Water Damage

Went to the Apple Store where I bought the phone (5th Ave in NYC). Made a Genius Bar appointment. Told the Genius that I had soaked my phone in the pool. Genius informed me that Apple normally charges $199, but has a new initiative whereby it essentially gives iDevice owners a one-time "get out of jail free" repair. Ergo, free iPhone 4 replacement. I'm sure it's a refurb (no box or anything), but free works for me. I guess I'm Steve Jobs's bitch now.

With customer service like this, there's really no way I'm buying anything computer/mobile related from any other company until Apple gives me good reason not to, like maybe making iPhone cases out of puppy skins. Maybe.

I can confirm the above...I recently had lunch with a friend who now works as a Genius at an Apple Store. He said exactly the same thing (customers get a one-time "get out of jail free card"). I wonder if that is the official lingo used at the stores.

what if they are the skins of evil puppies? puppies so evil that not making them into cases would doom millions of people?

Or if they are made with Reks special formula ground human bones rice paper skin?

Glad that worked out, in any case. And agree on the props to Apple for garnering good customer karma, rather than grinding out every last cent from a customer's misfortune ...

Edited by jvlgato