"Budget" tequila for party margaritas

shellylh

The thing with equal parts is you really need a reposado tequila, blanco doesn't quite work here.

:popcorn: on the Shrub ...

The other thing is choosing limes. I get the least firm ones I can find. Then I roll them around on the counter with the palm of my hand for 10 seconds before I cut them. This is the proper ritual, please heed.

Word.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dale Degroff's Margarita Recipe

1½ oz Tequila

1 oz Cointreau

¾ oz Lime Juice

¼-½ Simple Syrup

I tweaked this just slightly (a bit more lime juice, a bit more SS) and I have to say that I'm a pretty big fan. Oh, and I also used Gran Gala which I agree is a fine orange liqueur.

Nice Mezcal John. Let me know how you like it. Currently in the cart at Drinkupny.

Didn't have time to find a recipe for a mixed drink this weekend, so decided to do some sipping before going to bed.

Whoa nelly, that's some strong and smokey stuff! I THINK I like it, but it'll take some getting used to. It reminds me of the first time I had a Lagavulin. I knew there was good stuff there, but I really had to get used to the smoke and the strength.

i still intend on finding some recipes for this, as well. I suspect I'll like it more when mixed into a cocktail.

Whoa nelly, that's some strong and smokey stuff! I THINK I like it, but it'll take some getting used to. It reminds me of the first time I had a Lagavulin. I knew there was good stuff there, but I really had to get used to the smoke and the strength.

Oooh, smokey, this has peaked my interest!

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Nope, didn't notice that. I picked it up at the little local (non-specs) store near my house so they could have been different. I went in thinking I would pick up the Partida or Avion anejo. I decided to get the Avion anejo and Espolon reposado. They guy at the store said they have been selling a lot of both brands (mostly the blanco though since they do a lot of wholesale to bars/restaurants). I found out later that the Avion was featured in "Entourage" which I guess is some popular show on tv. Hope it doesn't suck. I suppose I should try at least one of them tonight.

Edited by shellylh