Best drink for improving your listening experience

aerius

Right, so for years now I've noticed that my listening experience is better when I'm not sober. Generally I go with spirits, either brandy or whisky, I'm not a fan of vodka and I haven't tried rum yet. Beer makes me a bit too sleepy and makes me wanna go pee, which messes up the flow of my listening.

So what do you drink to make your listening sessions better?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the moment it's rum and cranberry juice with a twist of lime. Was off the booze for a good while but am back on it for a few months, yes, music does sound better when you're smashed. Shags everything else up though and the hangovers, forum bans, and general feeling of "shit" may not be worth the musical gains long term 8) Time to get back onto the water I think.

• 2 weeks later...

I love some fresh brewed coffee ground from fresh beans. I have a great little grinder I bought for 20 bucks, and I received a battery powered vacuum sealed coffee bean holder for Christmas, which keeps my beans fresh. I usually drink it black, but sometimes add just a touch of skim milk. This week I bought soy milk to see how I liked it in my coffee, and honestly I don't like it that much. Back to the skim next week. ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

With my "good system" a seven or eight year old Pinot, Adrian Fog, William Selyem :dance: or Sea Smoke. With my cheap system Cordon Bleau Cognac. Who needs a Rega Saturn or a EC Hyper Dac when you have your second Cognac, all the music sounds real good.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I go for a Whiskey, mostly single malt. I have the 12 & 18 yo McCallan, Glenlivet 12 yo, had Oban, and I really like the Johnnie Walker 15 yo Green label but that ones blended. I also like the Balvenie Single Malt Scotch 12 yo.

Has anyone tried the Suntory Whiskey? I've been curious about this one for a while.

sure, they might be good times, but i don't think that, based on the Yamazaki 12 and 18 yo, they are tasty times ;)

That's interesting. I guess it's not tasty times for the Suntory :(. I'm always on the lookout for it at a Sushi bar that may have it so I could just order it and give it a try.

I go for a Whiskey, mostly single malt. I have the 12 & 18 yo McCallan, Glenlivet 12 yo, had Oban, and I really like the Johnnie Walker 15 yo Green label but that ones blended. I also like the Balvenie Single Malt Scotch 12 yo.

Has anyone tried the Suntory Whiskey? I've been curious about this one for a while.

riceboy,

I've got several Suntory's at my house, including Hibiki (of Lost in Translation fame). We'll whip some out if we can ever get together for a meet at my place!