Everything posted by Knuckledragger
-
The Knuckledragger 3rd Memorial Slow Forum Post
I have a German friend named Finn I've known on Discogs for nearly 20 years (going back to 2002) who's been a strict vinyl only DJ since the 1980s. He's a few years older than me (he turned 52 a couple weeks ago) and has maintained constant dedication to being a vinyl only techno DJ for decades, I found out recently that he replaced his DJ mixer. He had been using the same one since 1995(!) The old one is on the left, obviously. Ecler didn't sell its products in the US back in '95, but I remember seeing their wacky designs in European electronic music magazines in the mid 90s. Those wacky angled channel faders are quite a relic. I am genuinely amazed when I see a piece of consumer electronics that gets used daily last for in excess of a quarter century. Also, I'm always slightly jealous of my European friends who live in rich pockets of electronic music culture.
-
The ambient/IDM thread.
On the HC DC I snarked that meatspace conventions are buggy whips. Someone said "Is that a Larry the Liquidator reference?" and I said "Yes, via this Norman Feller track from a decade ago:"
-
The Knuckledragger 3rd Memorial Slow Forum Post
Just so we're clear, this is my absolute favorite car of all time.
-
The Knuckledragger 3rd Memorial Slow Forum Post
- The official Head Case broadcast thread
A friend of mine texted me this evening "So is your show ever going to be back on the air?" I said "Still don't have a new lappy and Macintops are four grand easy. I'm not famous enough for a Patreon or a GuFundMe." He said "You should set one up anyway."- The Knuckledragger 3rd Memorial Slow Forum Post
- The Knuckledragger 3rd Memorial Slow Forum Post
- The Knuckledragger 3rd Memorial Slow Forum Post
Everyone's favorite hyperactive, high-pitched tech dropper reviews a pair of overpriced and underperforming air pods.- The Knuckledragger 3rd Memorial Slow Forum Post
A Scottish story in four parts:- Fuck in snow
It's fucking snowing here again.- The Knuckledragger 3rd Memorial Slow Forum Post
- The Knuckledragger 3rd Memorial Slow Forum Post
- Get your game on!
Deffo not. My chip is decidedly not on the short list of ones that can run W11.- Get your game on!
Forza Horizon 4 / 5 is almost enough to make me want to buy a new SSD and try out W10.- And now what did you do TODAY?
Spent over 8 hours in the ER, from 1AM to ~9:30AM. I'm OK. Well "ok." Don't have much use of my right hand which makes typing super fun. Docs not sure what's wrong with me ("Gee knucks we coulda told you that in under 5 minutes.") but they think it might be somethi9ng autoimmune related. Got prescribed ROIDS which might make me cranky. I'm sure no one will notice the difference. I have some really gross pics of my hand, b ut I'll spare y'all. Need to go get my scrip filled.- The Knuckledragger 3rd Memorial Slow Forum Post
Taken on the South Shoah: “Supremist” indeed.- Fuck in snow
No fuckin' way. It's snowing here.- The Knuckledragger 3rd Memorial Slow Forum Post
The theme song from a 10/10 movie with an 11/10 soundtrack.- The Knuckledragger 3rd Memorial Slow Forum Post
Damn, dude.- The Knuckledragger 3rd Memorial Slow Forum Post
Long form, but a fantastic watch for anyone who had a modem in the late 80s or early 90s.- The Knuckledragger 3rd Memorial Slow Forum Post
- Speaker Porn
. o O I still have four NS-1000s, from the late 80s. They are in rough cosmetic shape, but otherwise work just fine. I have been in "discussion" with my sainted octogenarian mother as to why I need to bring ALL FOUR of them to the Vineyard when I move. It's a completely rational decision, I assure you.- Ye Macce Threade
Yikes, not good. I hope Tim and Apple un-fuck this shortly. I'm scrounging up cash (returning bottles and then knocking over the liquor store) to buy an M1 Macintop shortly.- The Knuckledragger 3rd Memorial Slow Forum Post
Okay, I like this one.- The Knuckledragger 3rd Memorial Slow Forum Post
- The official Head Case broadcast thread
Important Information
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.
Account
Navigation
Search
Configure browser push notifications
Chrome (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions → Notifications.
- Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Select Site settings.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Safari (iOS 16.4+)
- Ensure the site is installed via Add to Home Screen.
- Open Settings App → Notifications.
- Find your app name and adjust your preference.
Safari (macOS)
- Go to Safari → Preferences.
- Click the Websites tab.
- Select Notifications in the sidebar.
- Find this website and adjust your preference.
Edge (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Edge (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Click Permissions for this site.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Android)
- Go to Settings → Site permissions.
- Tap Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Desktop)
- Open Firefox Settings.
- Search for Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.