Everything posted by mikeymad
-
Articles
https://people.com/rock-star-performs-private-piano-concert-for-formerly-abused-bears-12162991 "Rock Star Performs Private Piano Concert to Brighten the Day of Formerly Abused Bears" Rick Wakeman of the band Yes performed piano for the moon bears at Animals Asia’s sanctuary, including compositions he wrote for the animals
-
What are you listening to Part the Third
Fantasies & Delusions (Opus 1-10 Music for Solo Piano) by Billy Joel (2001) https://open.qobuz.com/album/0696998539723 Example: I remember hearing about this release back in the day, but never really thought about it since. I really like it, great playing, great themes and variations. I will turn to it for modern classical piano, nothing really to do with it being Billy.
-
What are you listening to Part the Third
Of Time by Pierpont & Helgeson (2025) https://open.qobuz.com/album/tbpyvouhx520b Example: 2025 music sounding like 60s spy movie soundtrack? Sure. I can dig it.
-
RIP someone or another
RIP - Freddie Jackson 70
-
What are you listening to Part the Third
Bach: Cello Suites by Zuill Bailey (2010) https://open.qobuz.com/album/j4dmw5jtyv1uc Example: So, to answer the question: Do I need to listen to any other recordings other than the reference of Yo-Yo Ma's CBS masterworks recording? Well after some exploration (don't worry, you will not see 30 recordings of this reviewed), I would have to say yes. This Telarc recording (good first sign) by Zuill is a good example of a excellent recording that has a bit more liveliness, bounce, pace that I am drawn to. I will always go back to the Yo-Yo 1983 recording, but it is nice that there are these additional flavors that are really good. I would like it if it was more than 16/44 but I will survive.
-
What Are You Baking?
Improvised focaccia. I started a dough for making pizza but forgot I didn't have cheese. So I let it rise longer than normal and hit it with olive oil and shallots and garlic, a bunch of spices and baked it on the pellet grill. maybe not as good as pizza but my gosh it is good.
-
The Knuckledragger 3rd Memorial Slow Forum Post
- Analysis
So this happened to me... I seem to be late to the game. Great to see/hear Serj anytime. So I had to figure some things out. and There are more - but they are more reactions not analysis. Video pulls a lot from Matrix (and many others)- What are you listening to Part the Third
Electric Warrior by T. Rex (1971) https://open.qobuz.com/album/0603497926008 Example (The easy one to pick) I had not realized until recently how big T.Rex was at the time. So I put this one on, yup, very good. Really a vehicle for Marc Bolan, and I am okay with that.- The Official Head-Case Photography Thread.
Some more Garry- What are you listening to Part the Third
Good Together by Lake Street Dive (2024) https://open.qobuz.com/album/o676jgwvi5ulb Example: Been a staple on my IG and YT. But I just thought this morning. Have I listened to their Albums. Always captivated by Rachael Price's voice. There will be a handful of tunes that will go in rotation.- What are you listening to Part the Third
If you like slow and heavy.- What are you listening to Part the Third
R.I.P. Pete Byrne Naked Eyes by Naked Eyes (1983) https://open.qobuz.com/album/m4rz8tz0qib5b Example: I didn't follow them past their 83 first album, but it was enough. (RIP)- Best guitar players
Okay - just one post of an old fav. Left us way too soon, I at least got to see his twice.- Best guitar players
What is this TikTok? hehe - my friend rants about 'best' or 'greatest' anything lists all the time. So, I would say 'favorite' guitar players. SRV is probably my favorite guitar player, found pretty randomly in the 80's and my appreciation has only grown from there - RIP. And Steve Howe, one of the best technical players, and is able to stand up to the monster that is Yes. This is followed by a list of 100 plus players from Classical to Jazz to Country to Blues all the way to 'shredders'. But it is always nice to have a list of other peoples favs to remind me to go back and listen to some Ry or Wes or ...- What are you listening to Part the Third
Inner Desert by Golsa Nazari (2026) https://open.qobuz.com/album/izp5eu9aa69uz Example: Found Golsa off her IG account - https://www.instagram.com/_golsanazari/ I do like a good handpan.- What are you Grilling now?
Pork experiment. Hatch Chili pork butt. Pre-Seasoned wet rub from Costco. 14 hour low temp smoke on the pellet grill, the last 3 hours wrapped in paper. and then rested for 2 hours. Shredded just a couple handfuls for supper.- What are you listening to Part the Third
Reasons. Duncan Sheik by Duncan Sheik (1996) https://open.qobuz.com/album/0603497998852 Example: Originally found Duncan on the Soundtrack for "The Saint" movie. It was overshadowed by Duran Duran, but I liked the layering of the vocals and the overall production sound around the good lyrics. I picked up and listened to the first album a lot. I Also picked up the 1997s - Humming. But by time the 2001 release came along I had lost track of him. Missing completely that he was involved in a musical. Sad it takes his passing (56yo too young) to find his work again. RIP...- RIP someone or another
- Happy Birthday Stretch!
- Songs You Came Across On Some Streaming Service And Thought Your Head-Case Buds Might Enjoy Too. No Critical Endorsement Implied. Fuck Vevo etc.
Yeah, but can they play live... yup Video quality is all over the place - but sound is good.- What are you listening to Part the Third
Mishima by Philip Glass, Kronos Quartet (1985) https://open.qobuz.com/album/0075597988956 Example: More Philip for fun. (probably should watch this at some point.) Followed by: Philip Glass: Mishima by Maki Namekawa 2018 https://open.qobuz.com/album/svzhtflbqsm9a Example: I really like the arrangement by Michael (also the conductor of Kronos Quartet above). Lends a more delicate nature to the work, also I like Piano. I didn't know Maki's work before this. Added things to my queue (now at 854 albums).- The Official Head-Case Photography Thread.
Sorry - works now... 🤷 Tried on phone and pc before. Nice colors.- The Official Head-Case Photography Thread.
^ hmmm. Am I the only one that can't see these?- Which Cooking Are You?
The return of Saturday za. I ran out of pepperoni, so I fried up some spam and smoked pork belly. caramelized some shallots and garlic. on a sourdough crust of course, cooked on the smoker. she'll eat. - Analysis
Important Information
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.