A noob will be sharing a horror story after that arc through by thermal compound and the story where it all began.
So, my Carbon encountered a problem. Left channel isn't working correctly and so O+ and O- were measured st 552V across. Trying to turn offset didn't do anything and shortly afterward the R24 got burned brown and done. I replaced the R24 together with 10m90S and Dn2540. Fired up again, and "POP", well something popped...couldn't tell if it was an arc through or something Pop (later on with further investigation, it was an arc through at 10m90s by the usage of thermal compound which was Silver polyesters, even though it was listed as nonconductive, best is ceramic compound ). I do see the smoke and traces of it around the same area of 10m90S. Took off this 10m90S and measured again...it works, but I tossed it anyways. Replaced it again, and turned on....well...."BAM" a louder pop at R16 and R15 (20 seconds), upon closer inspection, it turned out it was R16 on the same wing of 10m90S. Took a little more to try and measure stuff on board. I suspected C2M1000 was probably gone, so replaced it and it really died. Then measured carefully and ....something else appeared to be dead.
Moved on toward PZTA42 on that wing and Tada....the sucker has equal 0.63V drop across equally....well, something must have killed the PZTA42 ? Not sure, replaced them and now everything measures just fine...Now, what would kill the PZTA42 all of a sudden ? I went on and also found PZTA06 to be unresponsive ?....what could have killed PZTA06 ? Not too sure...could be linked to STN9360 ? And further PZTA56 ? I have checked and it seems fine....lsk389 is also healthy.
So really, what was the reason ? Anyone have any idea ? Maybe the Balance was turned to Out of whack ? Anyone has any clues ? When trimmer was off, Balanced was measuring 1700-300 and offset was 0-99.0 completely one side.
Further investigation also found C2m1k fried, replaced both. B+ had some arc through, and when I took it off....horror. Now, I understand why my second power on did pop R16 and R15....this Phoenix connector upon times of screwing in and out...somehow decided to arc from B+ into the trace to O- which in turned fried many others
well, on the positive side, the PSU is healthy and kicking with +458 and -458 HV, LV is 14.97 and -14.96
It seems the best practice on these Phoenix is to have some layering between the clearances. As looking back into "insanity problems" this is similar. Luckily I did not damage any PSU stuff. Will fix this with a wire for trace and a good clearance for both connectors.