Everything posted by Voltron
-
Purk is getting old!
Happy birthday Purk! Cheers!
-
Neko Audio DAC
I agree with Nate, especially with regard to the Anthem preamp with a headphone jack. Maybe you could try to swing a deal with another vendor (builder or retailer) to borrow a better headphone amp. If you are able to bring another unit, they could borrow a DAC from you. Good for both of you to cross-promote and have better gear for the attendees.
-
CanJam Gear to Check Out
BPJTCJ: Bring PostJack To CanJam Scholarship initiated. I should have started it last night when he said this in another thread. Posty, do you promise to attend and come out and play at night?
-
Your recent music purchases
Nothing to be guilty about there. The Furs are awesome. I just received these amazing titles from Music Matters: I think Reks is gonna want a needle drop of the Redd one, fo sho.
-
CanJam Gear to Check Out
Don't sweat it Jim. One pair is adequate for my needs anyway.
-
CanJam Gear to Check Out
That is a nice offer Jim. I really just want to check out a pair to see how they sound. As far as shipping, I am a big fan of carrying on gear -- are you bringing other stuff on the plane?
-
Your recent music purchases
Sorry to hear that Jack. It would be fun to hang some more, and maybe even get you to come out of your room after meet hours!
-
CanJam Gear to Check Out
Cool, thanks for bringing them. I will try the Smyth but I am not really sure it will grab me. We shall see, I guess. I forgot to include whatever Craig has brewed up, the TTVJ offerings, and the Warthog!
-
Please drink a toast to my dad
This beer isn't good enough for either of your dads, so a little BMH23 is going in the Glencairn and will be raised to all lost fathers mentioned. I feel lucky to have both of my octogenarian parents alive and kicking and fear this day when it is their turn. And I hope your father is wagging a finger at us all drinking in his honor, Jacob. My dad hardly drinks at all too.
-
CanJam Gear to Check Out
i sure would like to hear an AA Capitole after all I have heard about it. Come on Greg, one more item won't kill you [but the just might] *Definitely down for the Smyth demo because like V I missed it last year. *The new Woo stat is high on the list with 4070 and SR Omega if Andy brings his cans *The new HeadRoom stuff will be cool *Curious to hear Ed. 8s on good gear *Lavry DA11 should be cool *audio-gd stuff just to tell whether there is any basis for the hype machine *Some rabbits *HD800s on my own rigs and as many others as possible
-
Please drink a toast to my dad
Sorry for your loss, Ken, but it sounds like he had a charmed life! I will raise a glass or two tonight for sure. Take care.
-
Sheet-Fed Scanners
Liar. It was dice. Plus, I know you will be showing up knocking on my door asking for a place to sleep and generally annoying everyone, so don't try it.
-
Your recent music purchases
Agreed indeed. Posty, are you going to be at CanJam, or what?
-
Your recent music purchases
- CanJam 2009
A little of this: Some of this: More of this: Hang out here: See some music: Certainly some of this along the way: Then drive down to LA in this: Good times.- Your recent music purchases
We will expect needle drops to back up whatever conclusion you reach.- CanJam 2009
- Sheet-Fed Scanners
I need to complicate my taxes some more because I give shitloads of what I make to Arnold and Obama.- What are you listening to Part Two
Still not sure what the health issue is with her following her accident, but her voice is cool and I like the tunes without too much orchestration.- Your recent music purchases
I'm not a big fan, but I bet that would sound good on 45PRM vinyl! You listen to things I don't understand at all, so I am not sure what to recommend to you. :| Anything available at Blue Coast Records is recorded about as purely as can be done and sounds fantastic. It is mostly folky or bluegrassy or jazzy, but not too shmaltzy. Anyway, check out the Special Event Downloads page and Blue Coast Collection 24/96 page, and listen to the samples. Good stuff. On Linn Records, I downloaded one 24/192 disc of jazz/church music that sounds really cool. It is called Windwerk by Zwischent- What are you listening to Part Two
Herbie Hancock: Maiden Voyage Sextant- Your recent music purchases
- Post the last thing you bought!
Just bought my wife a Kindle for Mother's Day. Better remember to send my mom something.- What did you do today?
- Post the last thing you bought!
How about putting some guns in there! Or buy some more guns to go in there! - CanJam 2009
Important Information
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.