CanJam Gear to Check Out

boomana

I'm only going to be at the meet on Saturday, and as proved true in nearly every meet, you only get to really listen to a few things.

Things I don't want to miss:

The HeadRoom/Sennheiser room

Symth demo - I missed it last year by being either too busy or lazy to wait in line

Frank Cooter's creations whatever they may be

Ironbut's rig - I just loved it in Mayberry

New Shure headphones - just curious

909's rig - I've heard L3000 with that amp, curious about the source

jp11801's new toys

Since I'm not looking to get anything new this year (so I say now), I'm not going to be tempting myself too much.

What's on your lists of must hear?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm looking to add some interesting new Bourbon's to my lifelist.

As far as headphones go:

I want to check out the HD800's

A quicky comparison of as many O2 amps as possible including the new Woo.

Compare the BA with 307A's and AD1's.

Listen to as many SACD sources as possible, hopefully a few with digital inputs.

Smyth research is on the top of my list. That may be the one thing I end up buying at the end of the year. I heard it last year but it is worth another wait in line, it is that good.

The HD800 with a Luxman, if possible. It is the only other thing I am considering purchasing this year.

BHSE and Woo stat amp with the O2 and Jade.

The new creations from Eddie Current.

OK my real list:

KGSS+ESP950/O2/Jade

BHSE+ESP950/O2/Jade

Woo+ESP950/O2/Jade

Everything dynamic + Qualias

BUDA+HD800s

GS-X + HD800s ???

Smyth Research Device even if I will likely never buy one since I would rather pay way more for a 8 channel AD/DA and do it myself.

Is anyone going to be running Foobar 2K? I'm thinking of bringing along my convolutions and the convolution plug-in on a memory stick. I figure there will be lots of HD650s around. (Smyth may not like this much, oh well).

Not in any real order but-

Justin's BHSE

Tyll's HD800 with whatever I can hook them up to

Whatever Craig brings, he never disappoints and always make me want his newest iteration

Frank's newest creation, always very impressive,

Blubliss' rig, I always enjoy the short time with them but this time I will be a little more selfish

The Smyth-Research system, it is just so impressive everyone needs to audition this system----but after I have had my turn

The Woo Audio latest, because I do not believe I have had any time with any of his amps so far

Lastly, the Audio gd amps and dacs

These are the first round but there are a number of small boutique builders and gear vendors attending with some really interesting gear worth checking out.

Top of the list is the Balancing Act with the HD800s, The Woo amps are on the list, Smyth room as the table demo blew my head off at the last LA meet, Tyll's new dac...TBC

Those that are attending from out of town should be able to get a good preview listen Friday night during vendor set up.

We still have a few rabbits to pull out of our hats.

Top of the list is the Balancing Act with the HD800s, The Woo amps are on the list, Smyth room as the table demo blew my head off at the last LA meet, Tyll's new dac...TBC

Those that are attending from out of town should be able to get a good preview listen Friday night during vendor set up.

We still have a few rabbits to pull out of our hats.

I already know I don't want to listen to the Balancing Act, though I probably will. It already tempted me last two hearings. Combine that with the HD800s and I sure I'll be in trouble. I have nothing left to sell, and lord knows I can't afford another binge like what happened after last year's CanJam, though I regret nothing.

What kind of rabbits?