Everything posted by Voltron
-
Post the last thing you bought!
No spatula needed. I'll use this: Duet deal might work.
-
Post the last thing you bought!
Cool. I hope one is for me. I just bought this stuff for my hi rez audio project: + 2GB RAM
-
What are you listening to Part Two
Bobby Hutcherson -- Head On
-
CanJam 2009
Good to hear you are still investigating, Dinny.
-
CanJam 2009
I am not sure why you think there is no more discount, but I would be persistent on that one. They slot in a block of rooms at the discount, then when those are filled they add more. Ping 909 or jp11801 for a definitive answer.
-
Right driver in my HD650 busted
Tell us what they sound like when you hit n_maher. I bet that haz the best smudge factor.
-
Bryston BDA-1 DAC
I met Jonathan Reichbach at Sonic Studio's office and got a good introduction to the features of the Amarra software and hardware. I cannot give you any more technical data but I can say that I am buying a Mac Mini and will have Amarra and a Model 4 of my own or on loan as of Friday. And either way, Jonathan will make sure I have an Amarra for CanJam. If Dreadhead has a Mytek and/or Weiss unit or if I can get something on demo then we could do some comparing as well. The integration with iTunes is easy and yet impressive. The ease of handling tracks with a variety of sampling rates on the fly and without hiccup is great. The mixing, EQ and other features with and without the Model 4 are going to be fantastic for needle-drops. The additional features are too numerous to list and I don't think I know a tenth of them. Sonic also seems to have lots of plans for unlocking features already in Amarra and adding more. This system is going to be very robust from what I can tell. And the sound is great although I hardly had time or ability to do any real comparison on gear and speakers I am completely unfamiliar with. It will be very easy to compare iTunes to Amarra and Model 4 to any DAC given the ins/outs and ability to switch from Amarra to iTunes by clicking a dialog box. I intend to do some of the comparing next week. Sonic is taking it slow and trying to get everything figured out before they do a real, full-fledged launch. They are a pro dealer, after all, so this retail audiophile stuff is new to them as far as I can tell. Sonic has a number of early adopters who are getting the software to use with Weiss and Alpha DACs and some that are also getting the hardware unit. I cannot speak for the company but my guess is that they are getting some things worked out on the hardware and software ends during a limited launch. Good idea in my opinion.
-
What are you EATING right now?
That was my other guess. :b
-
What are you EATING right now?
Black eyed peas?
-
What are you listening to Part Two
Bob Dylan -- Together Through Life
-
HD800? Another rumor?
I would slap you with my gauntlet, sir, if I only could find it under all of this money!
-
What are you listening to Part Two
Heaven and Hell -- The Devil You Know
-
Bryston BDA-1 DAC
Still unrelated to the original topic of this thread, but I am going to demo the Amarra system today at Sonic Studio's office. Really nice of them to do this, and I will be hearing to Model 4 unit that combines all of my requirements for hi-rez ad/da, firewire connectivity, and improved music server integrated with iTunes. Should be interesting and I am going to work on getting a unit to CJ09 as well (either Sonic will participate, or they will send a demo with me, or I will own one by then ). Unless I am completely sold on the Amarra immediately, I will also try to procure some demo gear from Vintage King so we can compare Weiss or DAD options...
-
CanJam 2009
The only cool place is the meet hotel. Plenty of people out there who might share a room or a couch or whatever.
-
Happy Birthday Recstar24!
Happy 364 days until your next birthday Ryan! Cheers!
-
What are you listening to Part Two
Contemporary Jazz Monday: Brian Blade -- Moma Rosa (ok, so I didn't know that one of my favorite drummers was releasing his singer/song-writer/guitar player albums when I played it on Rhapsody, but it is pretty good in that light) Brian Blade and the Fellowship Band -- Season of Changes (known quantity post-bop instrumental ) Roy Hargrove -- Earfood Roy Hargrove -- Nothing Serious
-
Post the last thing you bought!
Sounds good, but why no rye?
-
Happy Birthday hungrych!
Happy belated dood! Cheers.
-
Happy birthday Kevin Gilmore
^^^What they said! Cheers
-
What did you do today?
Woke up hung over and muddled from a night out with JP at a show. Went to work late just in time for a last-minute meeting with a potential client that didn't actually happen. Worked some then flew to Vegas for my firm's partner retreat. Walking through Mandalay Bay to get to the restaurant for our dinner, my still foggy and freshly alcohol-soaked brain seemed to see Ray and Grace Samuels hanging out with a group of people. After rubbing my eyes, I walked over and shocked the hell our of Ray and Grace actually realized it was me before he even saw me. Their older son is getting married in Vegas tomorrow so I met the family and we chatted a few minutes before I had to run. Small fricken world.
-
What are you smoking right now?
Just had a couple of Davidoff Lights at Mandalay Bay Casino.
-
CanJam 2009
Colin is in for the full ride. Nice work young fella! HPA: you should be there dood. Make it happen.
-
What are you listening to Part Two
Jenny Lewis -- Acid Tongue
-
CanJam 2009
Nah, I'm gonna leave that train of thought right there.
-
slow forum
Is that Nate's soldering rig TT?