Everything posted by Voltron
- CanJam 2009
-
The Headcase Stax thread
Congrats on the new cans, Andy. Looking forward to hearing the SR-O in a few weeks.
-
What are you listening to Part Two
Neko Case -- Middle Cyclone My Brightest Diamond -- A Thousand Shark's Teeth NIN -- Ghosts I-IV
- CanJam 2009
-
Neko Audio DAC
Nice of you to offer someone else's gear who would have to bring it or ship it from out of state.
-
Ayre USB DAC
I'm on a whisk(e)y retainer.
-
What are you listening to Part Two
Milt Jackson -- The Prophet Speaks
- Ayre USB DAC
-
Neko Audio DAC
Good point. I guess Tyll might not want to help a potential competitor to the new HR DAC! Bad idea, SquareWave is.
- Ayre USB DAC
-
Neko Audio DAC
HeadRoom has balanced amps, but I wasn't aware it was balanced. The HPA-2 certainly isn't balanced and the Anthem preamp certainly has no balanced headphone output.
-
Ayre USB DAC
Awesome. Have fun with the new new thing while it still is new new.
-
Neko Audio DAC
You could contact Todd at ttvj.com and ask him if he has any FET-A amps available. You could call of PM Tyll Hertsens and see if HeadRoom has any demo amps that they could loan you for the show. You could buy a Luxman P-200 (from Todd) and have a beautiful amp to show your gear with and still not break the bank. Lots of ideas. PM jp11801 or 909 or augsburger and see if they have any ideas because they are closer to the vendors at this meet.
-
CanJam 2009
I am going to sound pollyanna right now, but I have been to lots of big meets and nothing serious has ever gone wrong and certainly nobody has walked off with expensive gear. Making alliances with those of us in the "hi-end" room will be adequate for protection and there will never be a moment when nobody you trust is in that room paying attention. That said, I would only have expensive woody things like the HE90 or R10 out when I was there or when there was someone watching my table specifically. Box them up for periods you are wandering and nobody is looking over your table. No guarantees can be made about this meet in particular, but past experience has been very good in terms of respecting gear (for the most part), lack of any theft, etc.
-
What are you listening to Part Two
The Decemberists -- Hazards of Love
-
CanJam 2009
Nebby just posted this same question yesterday or so. Match made in heaven. Jenny Lewis. Looking at it now, I see that the part with her name and the fact that she is playing at The Fillmore did not come through on the copied pic.
-
Ayre USB DAC
He wasn't exactly stealthy about it.
- Ayre USB DAC
-
Ayre USB DAC
Yeah, looks nice there but what does it sound like?!
-
CanJam Gear to Check Out
I need to add that I am looking forward to checking out the Manley Labs Stingray iTube and also to hearing the 300B NeoClassic Pre again. Plus, the fact that EveAnna will be there in person makes Saturday even more of a party.
-
What are you listening to Part Two
Sonny Landreth -- Levee Town
-
CanJam Gear to Check Out
He has done so. Plus Andy has a pair. But if Vicki wants to send them to me I will bring them and then ship them back to her. Just so long as I have a week or so with them on either side of the event.
-
CanJam Gear to Check Out
Ray always brings his.
-
What are you listening to Part Two
A Camp -- Colonia
-
What are you listening to Part Two
Bob Mould -- Life and Times