Extreme = extremely happy!

Guest sacd lover

Guest sacd lover

I have posted some over on head-fi about this amp so I thought I would start a thread here too. The Extreme is THE AMP under< $1000 from my experiences. This amp is so good for such a modest price I am still trying to comprehend how good. Every positive characteristic you can identify seems to be present in copious amounts .... soundstaging, tone, dynamics, bass slam, "midrange magic" etc... This amp particularly elevates the 580/600, and the power of this amp has my Alessandro M2Si rocking along, in addition to giving the M2Si a soundstage well beyond what I have heard from any Grado headphone previously .... even using senn yellow 19545 pads. For you guys wanting an amp that will compare to the best at what has to be a bargain price vs the competition .... look no further.

HPIM0281.jpg

HPIM0279.jpg

HPIM0276.jpg

HPIM0133.jpg

HPIM0146.jpg

HPIM0144.jpg

HPIM0139.jpg

HPIM0124.jpg

HPIM0240.jpg

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that basement is the greatest shrine to ohio sports in the entire universe.

Yep...quite a tribute. Those Buckeye fans are a passionate bunch to be sure. Hey, I'm a suffering UT fan so I was certainly pullin' for the Buckeyes. Now I gotta suffer through an entire year of gator smack talk. Gators and dawgs.....dawgs and gators. Gonna be a long, painful year. Don't think I'll take it this badly though...... ;)

buckeyessk2.png

Guest sacd lover

Earl, do you have more amplifiers than you have pairs of headphones? I think an inventory of that Buckeye basement would be quite interesting! :D

580 X3/ 595 X4/ 600 x2/ REX MODDED SR-80 X1/ M2Si x1 .... thats enough. In fact, I have nine amps so I may need to add a couple. ;D

Guest sacd lover

Apparently he sold his home and moved into a cinderblock shack to pay for all his amps... ;D:laugh:

Hint: Figure out where to consistently get rare tubes on the cheap and you can fund your audio addiction indefinitely. ;)

Guest sacd lover

What are you talking about, Billy?

He is talking about the Extreme thread on head-fi. I sense Billy's a little jealous or he would not be acting like the head-case police. :police: But what his little brain fails to realize is that I am the only one who had the amp for the first few weeks and, therefore, I was the only who could answer most of the questions.

He is talking about the Extreme thread on head-fi. I sense Billy's a little jealous or he would not be acting like the head-case police. :police: But what his little brain fails to realize is that I am the only one who had the amp for the first few weeks and, therefore, I was the only who could answer most of the questions.

so you work for Single power customer service now? I had the raptor almost a month before jude got his and further to any "user" received his, and dont get me started on the lunchbox,or b-52. point is I dont work for Ray so any questions anyone has I tell them to go to Ray and answer.

dude your cool and all but if later I heard you have more in SP then just a customer I would not be surpised at all, dude no one and mean no person who is just a customer ever posted so much shit about a company, come on man........ stop the bullshit, i am not the only one here who thinks it.

I wouldnt call you a shill but I would say your the customer service tech..lol :angel:

Guest sacd lover

so you work for Single power customer service now? I had the raptor almost a month before jude got his and further to any "user" received his, and dont get me started on the lunchbox,or b-52. point is I dont work for Ray so any questions anyone has I tell them to go to Ray and answer.

dude your cool and all but if later I heard you have more in SP then just a customer I would not be surpised at all, dude no one and mean no person who is just a customer ever posted so much shit about a company, come on man........ stop the bullshit, i am not the only one here who thinks it.

I wouldnt call you a shill but I would say your the customer service tech..lol :angel:

All the RSA posts you make and you even have the nerve to make that comment. :laugh: You bumped a dead raptor tube rolling thread just today. I think we know where the BS originates from Billy .... but we love you anyway. :-*

Guest sacd lover

that basement is the greatest shrine to ohio sports in the entire universe.

Did you ever see the Buckeye room upstairs where I have my computer?

Gray walls with Ohio State border, Ohio State wall hangings, red electrical outlets and a hand painted block O complete with a buckeye and buckeye leaf .... beautifully done by the wife.

HPIM0295.jpg

HPIM0292.jpg

HPIM0294.jpg

HPIM0293.jpg

What does the UM football team and marijuana have in common?

They both get smoked in bowls.

That was a lot funnier prior to January 8th. :-[

just in case this gets lost in your array of posts..lol

Guest sacd lover

just in case this gets lost in your array of posts..lol

Why would the post get lost .... I quoted it once .... and who said you worked for Ray? You are the one making the insinuations not me. ;)

Singlepower Customer Service? ??? You are welcome to offer proof anytime. :D

I wondered if or when you would share your extreme pleasure w/ the Extreme on Head-Case. We get sloppy seconds. :P

I am glad you?re still enamored with your two new SP amps. They look really cool and I hope to hear this new addition to the SP family soon.

So is the Extreme now your new SP favorite in your large and growing family of SP amps?

I am curious, if the Extreme offers the same level or better or worse of detail conveyance as the MPX3 w/ NOS tubes?

Just don't mention the transformers or 909 will flip out here too... :)

Just a healthy dose of curiosity and skepticism about those fascinating transformer claims and lighthearted play. Don?t take things the wrong way (or flip out JK). If it came off that way, I guess I shouldn?t question Earl. I for one didn?t know why he called it the best transformer currently available and if it had to do w/ the sound, operation, or both.

Guest sacd lover

I wondered if or when you would share your extreme pleasure w/ the Extreme on Head-Case. We get sloppy seconds. :P

I am glad you?re still enamored with your two new SP amps. They look really cool and I hope to hear this new addition to the SP family soon.

So is the Extreme now your new SP favorite in your large and growing family of SP amps?

I am curious, if the Extreme offers the same level or better or worse of detail conveyance as the MPX3 w/ NOS tubes?

I love all my SP amps. :-*

I probably like my latest Supra best .... but the Extreme is very close. However, all of the amps have things they do best. I still like the speed, tone and taunt bass of the 5687 equipped MPX3's. I like the dynamics, spacious soundstaging and sense of unlimited power of the 6bx7gt equipped Supra .... and with the 6bx7gt's in the SLAM SE that amp is a tuberolling machine with the 6/12 volt option, high/ low voltage switch and manual baising. Even the PPX3 SLAM still sounds extremely good as long as I dont start doing direct comparisons and make the amps slight limitations stand out. I really should sell off an amp or two but I there is not one of them I want to give up. ???