HC Bike/Cycling Thread

boomana

Did the Patapsco Epic 25mi ride today and it was definitely EPIC. At the safety briefing they warned that it was more difficult than both the NoVA Epic and the MoCo Epic, and I don't doubt that at all.Lots of climbing with roots and rocks on both descents and climbs. Needless to say there were plenty of sections where I was hiking a bike.

I also just got a call from my friend and apparently I won a Diamondback bike from the raffle. I guess it was worth toughing the ride out :)

http://www.strava.com/activities/178482248

fun stuff like this:

99JQeql.jpg

Edited by Nebby
  • Like 1

Ouch, hoofing it for 16 miles sounds like a crappy way to end a ride :( I'll need to check my inflators when I get home and I was looking at PDW's Ninja Pump that has an CO2 inflator built in, so I might pick that up to have a backup in case I run out of CO2 or more likely...screw up the inflation.

This weekend I'm thinking of signing up for "That Dam TT", a 31mi TT course (consisting of two laps) with 3k ft of elevation.

dGfMDku.png

I've never done a TT, so I think I'm just going to warm up beforehand, then pace myself in low to mid zone 4 to start, then adjust as I go.

Edited by Nebby
  • Like 1

I never *really* got the point of CO2 inflators. I guess it is about an ounce lighter than a pump, and a bit faster, but the whole "one chance to get it right" aspect freaks me out.

The way the Lezyne pumps all have the flexy hose is quite cool. I get so nervous about damaging the valve with a "one piece" pump. 

Ooh, I'm not sure if its vaporware, and I think it is somewhat silly in any case, but this caught my attention:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1112972433/ipump-the-lightest-air-pump-ever-invented

http://www.bikerumor.com/2013/12/31/kickstarter-meet-the-ipump-the-worlds-lightest-bike-pump/

I wonder how long it will take to fill even a smallish tire?

I cant imagine it being easy to hold that little thing and pump. 

Tilt shift for product photography? 

Share my laughter. 

I usually carry two CO2 cartridges in my saddle bag, but with the longer rides now I'm thinking of bringing a minipump along and consolidating to a minipump that has CO2 capability. It's not just a little faster, the minipumps can sometimes take a very long time to bring the tire up to pressure :P