HC Bike/Cycling Thread

boomana

Since Mike deleted the old one, I'm starting a new one.

Did 80 miles today. It was the best cycling weather I've experienced since getting a bike. Absolutely perfect. I accidentally didn't get up on time (had my phone, which is my alarm, on silent and didn't know), and rushed out the door, forgetting that I didn't take the new saddle off my bike and also forgetting chamois cream. I got lucky and think this saddle is a winner. No issues at all. My butt and bits apparently like leather saddles. I road with my "team" from the Smart Ride, and this week, there were some stronger riders, so averaged 17-18 going north in the headwind, and 20-22 coming back south. Really fun folks, so had a great time. Doing 60 tomorrow, as this is the last weekend I can do any miles before the event.

I think we should ban Mike. smile.png

I was wondering what had happened to the thread. Glad your new saddle worked out for you and I'm jealous of your nice weather. The weather's getting cold around here and unless I get winter clothing I can use while riding, I'll be on my trainer till spring. At least I can easily use my phone to catch up on shows via Netflix on recumbent.

Edited by Salt Peanuts

Did 45 with the same group from yesterday, though only four of us made it to the end of the planned ride. The group was slow, and I mean 12 mph slow. I rode ahead in order to get to the 10AM cut-off time for egg sandwiches at the deli in Briny Breezes, and ordered for all. I'd planned to do 15 more miles, but Day 2 on a new saddle was not as happy as Day 1. I have some very tender sitbones, but still prefer this to the other saddle.

14419_4193318948209_1747102905_n.jpg

With my co-worker and friend, Phoenix (oddly, also used to work with jp), and his friend Kim to the right.

Sniff, sniff, I miss my old ride reports...

Anyway, got the MTB out again this weekend and did another pretty long loop at Fort Rock. Managed to get the bike shifting a bit better but still not great. Can't wait to close the door on this chapter and get a new ride for next year which appears like it should be going forward soon. Portions of the trail were downright unridable with dense leafpack where the lower layer was wet leaves and provided zero traction. Still a ton of fun and it makes me doubly sad that both riding seasons are going to be over soon but I'm pretty excited to ski and next year I'll be getting out on the MTB a lot more than I did this year.

Yesterday's data.

147171001.jpg

Tears in the rain.... we'll miss the cycling chronicles :)

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...

Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion...

I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate.

All those moments will be lost in time, like.....tears in rain.

Time to die.

Did a pretty good ride on Sunday, but suffered badly in the last half hour of the ride. 3.5 hour mountain bike ride, 44km, and 3700' of elevation gain. Fuck that hurt. We did about 20km with the main group before a bunch of people had to bail or limp out of the forest with mechanicals. It came down to me and 2 others, and those 2 others happened to be the Provincial champions from last year and this year, and they were on singlespeeds. And I still got my ass kicked on the climbs. Those singlespeeders are animals.

On the bright side, it was a pretty epic ride and my new fork is now dialed in. Still getting used to my new wider handlebar but I'm liking it.