Introducing: 2013 Head Case March Madness!!!

MoonShine

OK lets give this a try. I haven't hosted one of these before so I'll try not to screw it up too badly :)

You will need to register (if you are not already) at CBSSports.com here: http://www.cbssports.com

After that you can access the Head Case group here: http://mf1.mayhem.cbssports.com/e?ttag=13_cbspaste

Group PW = moonshine

After that it should be fairly straightforward: make your picks.  11:00 am ET on March 21, 2013 is the deadline I believe (The First Four play in games do not count).

Be sure to read the scoring rules. It's weighted by round with a seed bonus (added not multiplied).

Round Point Allocation Per Game:

Round 1 - 1 point

Round 2 - 2 points

Round 3 - 4 points

Round 4 - 8 points

Round 5 - 16 points

Round 6 - 32 points

Scoring:

Each game winner will be weighted by adding the seed of that team to the points allocated to that round of play.

Example:  The Oregon Ducks make the tournament as a #12 seed (no respect!), and they meet up with the #4 seeded St. Louis in round 2.  If you chose the Ducks to win, you would get 14 points if the Ducks won (#12 seed plus 2 points for that round of play).  If you were to choose St. Louis in this scenario, you would receive 6 points if they were to win (#4 seed plus 2 points for that round of play).  Get it???  Gives you some incentive to pick the underdog.

If you have any problems let me know and I will try to help.

I figured since we do Fantasy Football just for fun we would do this just for fun as well.

If I'm not all alone at my party drinking the punch maybe we can make this an annual thingy.

Good luck and have fun.

Edited by MoonShine

• 2 weeks later...

Standings going into Final Four:

HCMM_zps0156635e.jpg

Surprised that I am even contending much less in 1st but I guess it's been a crazy March for everyone's brackets.

Scenarios: 

The only horse left in the race for anyone is Louisville.

If they win it all: Jim comes from behind for the win!

I win any other scenario, I think.

Edited by MoonShine