The Multi Amp aka Dynalo Mk2

spritzer

I am trying to figure out a way so that we all get usable pots in a way that makes sense.

The most obvious way is just to let people order what they want and then people get an untested number of pots. The problem is that we could have situations where someone building one board is encouraged to order 4 to have a usable pot and ends with 4 good ones while someone else gets no good ones. This means people would have to trade further to get a functioning pot or the first person just hoards them.

Another possibility is to purchase all pots available and the test them to find out how many function adequately. Then divide the total price by the number of functional pots in order to split the cost of failures. But unless all functional pots are purchased then the person organizing is left on the hook for unsold pots.

Of course this is only really an issue if the failures are as high as claimed. For a small order they might be more careful. I'll start a group buy thread soon for these pots.

IIRC Justin and Birgir both had bad batches of the Alpha pots.  Birgir was able to send the defective batch back and his replacement batch was good.

If it were an option to test the pots before they're sent out to the group buy participants, that would be great.  I don't see why the reseller wouldn't accept returns on the defective units, but if not, then the cost should be spread out to all of the participants.  I'd happily take 10 or so to try them out but could live with less.

Also, curious if they have 50K versions as well.

I heard back from Song Huei and they said they do QC testing and they will replace whatever we find is out of spec. i didn't ask if we could do 99+56 but I'll ask that if we pass the 99 pot threshold, which seems likely with everyone trying to order 4.

Also said they would prefer an answer by Oct 4 so I am getting this rolling right away.

On 9/28/2016 at 6:48 PM, sbelyo said:

I'm ok with starting a group buy for the TKD it's just that the price was higher than the recently closed group buy due to the US distributor.

cspirou, can you see if TKD will sell to you directly?  The price is cheaper by like $10 or $12 a pot if you can buy directly.

TKD said I can order directly from them. Will add their pots to the group buy