The Knuckledragger 3rd Memorial Slow Forum Post

Knuckledragger

The "Totally Upside Down Boat" is based on the movie Poseidon Adventure (1972, which may not be surprising).  It was the first movie that my brother and I and a neighborhood friend were allowed to go to on our own.  My mom dropped us off and then came back for us afterwards.  What I remember most was the ending where they were all trying to climb up to the bottom of the boat.  The final scene was actually quite good (or at least I remember it that way).  There was all kinds of commotion, everything was on fire, and of course there was water pouring in as well, and it was quite a dark scene other than the light from the fires.  As we walked out of the movie theater, it was now dark outside and the hotel across the street was burning down with 3 fire trucks trying to fight it, but to no avail.  It was later ruled as arson.  The whole place was ablaze, it was dark, and there was water and commotion everywhere.  It felt like I was still watching the movie.