Your recent music purchases

deepak

Got inspired by the recent Art Pepper discussions, and I am already working on the OJC CD catalog, so just purchased the entire Art Pepper OJC helping:

O0

Damn, you must be the President, CEO and Chairman of Team Music First! How many discs/LPs are you pulling in per week?

Honestly, a week is such a long time to remember all my Amazon activity >:D

Lately its been dozens every few days.

One way I am justifying it to myself is I've decided that my current economic transport is good enough to hold off on a super expensive SACD player. :angel:

Actually, come to think of it, I had to get the transport to be able to listen to everything I'm getting, as it takes a while to rip all this stuff properly, and scan album artwork. Especially when you are trying to scan the entire booklet, back sleeve and disc. ^-^

edit; LPs are significantly less. Music Matters subscription (2 per month avg) and the occasional gem that is low in stock or pre order. Though I did get 4 copies of A Night In Tunisia in addition to my subscription copy, that will remain sealed until there are no more sealed copies available new or used, if you catch my drift :P

Lately its been dozens every few days.

That's pretty hardcore man, I hope you take the time to listen to all of the stuff. At that rate, you must have an awesome collection. 8)

I'm in team "music first" too and I usually buy 2-3 discs per week, but I rarely have the time to listen to them and "know" them as much I'd like. I can't imagine with 12 per week.

It's a lot easier than you think to end up bringing in a lot of music... I've bought a few dozen CDs in the last month or so, have another ~150 coming to me from a private deal with someone, and I'm still browsing sites like amazon to find more stuff.

That's pretty hardcore man, I hope you take the time to listen to all of the stuff. At that rate, you must have an awesome collection. 8)

I'm in team "music first" too and I usually buy 2-3 discs per week, but I rarely have the time to listen to them and "know" them as much I'd like. I can't imagine with 12 per week.

Heh heh..it is a bit nuts lately. Even when I'm coming into an unusually large amount of music in ....other ways.... I've never been able to completely shake the Amazon habit. Especially with an Amazon Prime account. Having that prepaid shipping turns it into a siren song.

There are definitely times where I need to slow down for a few days and go back over old material some more. But its one more thing to look forward to, to go back and really begin to deeply analyze your albums. One thing thats really changed is how I listen to my music, after buying so many discs. I used to listen to songs, in short spurts. Now I've grown accustomed to listening to entire albums. Part by design, part by accident, but it really helps to get a firm grasp on everything. Individual song listening makes everything far too sporadic and disjointed.

Heh heh..it is a bit nuts lately. Even when I'm coming into an unusually large amount of music in ....other ways.... I've never been able to completely shake the Amazon habit. Especially with an Amazon Prime account. Having that prepaid shipping turns it into a siren song.

I do love amazon. Several months ago I turned off one click ordering, that was a little too easy. ;)

There are definitely times where I need to slow down for a few days and go back over old material some more. But its one more thing to look forward to, to go back and really begin to deeply analyze your albums. One thing thats really changed is how I listen to my music, after buying so many discs. I used to listen to songs, in short spurts. Now I've grown accustomed to listening to entire albums. Part by design, part by accident, but it really helps to get a firm grasp on everything. Individual song listening makes everything far too sporadic and disjointed.

Well it certainly seems that you, Reks and Voltron have the Jazz genere wired I like pretty much all of what you guys have recommended, especially the Duke Ellington and Ray Brown recommendation. ;)

Also a dimmu-borgir album from 97 whose name escapes me.

I just finished that after lunch... Enthrone Darkness Triumphant... Great call. I know crazy genre people think Dimmu Borgir is too mainstream or too polished to be considered true Black Metal, but whatever... EDT was their highpoint IMO. I didn't care for the more prominent symphonic elements they added later.

I just finished that after lunch... Enthrone Darkness Triumphant... Great call. I know crazy genre people think Dimmu Borgir is too mainstream or too polished to be considered true Black Metal, but whatever... EDT was their highpoint IMO. I didn't care for the more prominent symphonic elements they added later.

Good to hear! It was the highest rated on AMG, which is why I went for it. <$10 on amazon as well.

We got that bitch locked down O0

:D

Maybe a bad transition, but you reminded me of the outrageous lyrics in Albert King's Answer to the Laundromat Blues that I was listening to last night:

This number's bein' especially played

And dedicated to all of the women

From all of the men)

You see you women have a good thing goin'

But we hip to ya now

You take two or three pieces

And go down to the laundromat

An' take ya eight hours to wash 'em

No good!

We gonna buy ya washers and dryers

And we're gonna put ya at home in the basement

And we gonna kick the door down that goes to the basement

While we can hear the washer when it stop

And baby, baby, baby, when that washer stop

You better be though

Or you better have a darn good explanation!

Don't you go get whupped all on the toenails

We're gonna raise your eye lashes and whup ya some

And if ya run fast enough

We're gonna whup ya on the bottom of the feet

Ain't that right men?

Speak up for yourself! (yeah, yeah)

There will be no more goin' to the laundromat

Puttin' your clothes in there

And gettin' your girlfriend keep her eye on it

While you step out the back door

You better take my advice

You might need it on your vacation this summer

I'd hate to see ya come up with a leg screwed off

Or a eye punched out

Yeah!

Whoa! yeah, yeah!

I know you don't know it babe (yeah, yeah, yeah)

But things look bad for you

Hey, I know you don't know it babe

But I'm gonna keep a close eye on you

Well, ev'ry time you go to the laundromat, baby

I want you to know, I want you to know

That I'll be there too!

:o:stick::rock::horsey::o

f65755uetqz.jpg

Red39.jpg

LPmikamitakeshi%20699_thumb.jpg

50_7.JPG

ho13.jpg

nelson.jpg

d0680981d03.jpg

10604107_155_155.jpeg

All OJC. Crossings is getting expensive.

Drums Around the World: Philly Joe Jones Big Band Sounds

Crossings: Red Garland with Ron Carter and Philly Joe Jones

Showcase: Philly Joe Jones

Winchester Special - Lem Winchester

Guitar Groove - Rene Thomas

Nocturne - Oliver Nelson with Lem Winchester

With Feeling - Lem Winchester

Lem's Beat - Lem Winchester Sextet

Too lazy to track down all the pics for this post.

Sonny Rollins OJC catalog :prettyprincess:

Horn Culture

The Solo Album

Way Out West

Moving Out

Freedom Suite

No Problem

Next Album

Sonny Rollins with the Modern Jazz Quartet

Rollins Plays for Bird

Tenor Madness - Sonny Rollins Quartet

Sonny Rollins and the Contemporary Leaders