My Chinese amp needs a new transformer / good advice please

thebartman1970

Greetings all! a newbee here

I have an econo phono/valve amp that I picked up years ago second-hand and have no clue where it was purchased or  manufactured. It appears to have Chinese writing on it and it also does have "GUANGHENG TM300 - TM400AB" on the transformer cover. The transformer is fried and I'm not sure if it's worth repairing but I would do so if I can find one and it's a reasonable cost. Here's a couple of pics and thanks for your time. 

post-4413-0-31737000-1392394773_thumb.jp

post-4413-0-54586300-1392396908.jpg

I had one of those amps once. A proud member of head-fail and the any octal tube, any octal socket group plugged the totally wrong tube into the hole where the (whatever the non-pin compatable power tube with a top cap is) goes and blowed it up. "but it was an octal tube." 

I fixed it (totally destroyed cathode resistors for the output tubes) and donated it to a head-fi meet a few years back. 

If you are asking what to do, instead of reading the markings on the transformer and finding a suitable replacement yourself, would suggest taking a large hammer and smashing it up.

• Like 2