Astell&Kern AK240 vs Geek Wave

Bear

Im considering one of these for a portable rig any suggestions? Im obviously looking for a very high quality portable device. Astell&Kern looks awesome but $2500 is steap....The Geek Wave looks like it might trump the AK240 in SQ based on the specs and the designer plus its a fraction of the cost.

???

Thanks in Advance

Two things:

1. Im honored to have met he who speaketh for all, but you already knew that.

2.  Im not interested in your personal sex life with or with-out inanimate objects.

Other than that I appreciate your candor.

Anyone know squatt about the AK240?  Is the UI intuiative or do i need to be a neurosurgeon like roadtonowhere(probably an appropriate moniker) here to operate it?

All in good fun road...

But seriously anyone have any handson with this thing?  I currently use  a laptop and an Objective 2 and ODAC that I cramed into a case together, It is quite good actually but would like something more portable and less bulky.

Cheers

Oh, I'm all about the candor.  Unfortunately, you seem to lack the not so subtle message I sent your way (cute comebacks though).  Had you actually read your welcome PM and looked around here before posting, you would have already known the answer to all of your burning questions:  nobody gives a shit about those kinds of questions.  And since you mentioned that you owned an ODAC, it is assured that nobody here will take you seriously.

Now go away before I get the pineapple...

Oh, I'm all about the candor.  Unfortunately, you seem to lack the not so subtle message I sent your way (cute comebacks though).  Had you actually read your welcome PM and looked around here before posting, you would have already known the answer to all of your burning questions:  nobody gives a shit about those kinds of questions.  And since you mentioned that you owned an ODAC, it is assured that nobody here will take you seriously.

Now go away before I get the pineapple...

I have had a look around and I have come across a few posts that were only slightly more interesting than yours.  i appreciate all your input captain candor and I aspire to be just like you one day, hence the avatar. You mates have fun with your pineapples, Im off to listen to my ODAC and O2, maybe I'll even do a little pico.

Cheers Pineapple packers

He called us girls!

Seriously, though, you have perhaps come to the wrong place to sell your product.  Would a mod be willing to delink the referral in his original post?  I'd hate to think that Head-Case generated a single click for this guy.

Other than that, stay if you like.  Everyone is welcome until they are banned.

Seriously though...don't get the AK240.  It is way overpriced and the AK480 is likely around the corner.  I dislike Astell & Kern business model.....but they seem to sell them like hot cake!  Some people even sent their AK240s to vinnie for a mod.  $3000 for a portable player is just insane.  Releasing new models every 6 months is just insane!!

Edited by purk

Seriously though...don't get the AK240.  It is way overpriced and the AK480 is likely around the corner.  I dislike Astell & Kern business model.....but they seem to sell them like hot cake!  Some people even sent their AK240s to vinnie for a mod.  $3000 for a portable player is just insane.  Releasing new models every 6 months is just insane!!

Purk, thank you for the constructive input. 

This is truly why I asked and provided a link(that is not registered to generate anything for myself), It is comical as I came across this site by searching for AK240 impressions and have come across many here on your forum.

I don't mind the overt rudeness or lack of intellect but what I do find offputting is the "gang" mentality.  Let each man fight his own fight, if your going to be a bully be a bigone.  Just stand on your own feet and do it.  Instead it seems I have illicited the weakest of forum to step forward.  At least I am aware of who they are.

In flys Sherwood after the dust has settled crying that he was called a girl.  I don't see you involved in a post on this thread prior to that?

Please refrain from the cult mentality.

Other than that I don't mind the occasional ribbing, as long as you can take what you dish out.

Mod, is their any rule on this forum concerning duplicate avatars? ;-)

Mod, is their any rule on this forum concerning duplicate avatars? ;-)

No, but there is likely mod action for being an asshat.  EDIT: we even have an emoticon for it!   :asshat:

If you had read the welcome PM, you would realize that the behavior of asking the type of question you asked with your first post is not the type of place this is.  And then to get defensive about it and sling mud back, only adds fuel to the flames.

We ARE kind of a gang here, and it's one of the things that makes this place pretty damn special, and unlike many other forums.  You seem to have good thick skin, and that does help.  But instead of pissing back, sit back and relax, and read the guidelines for best enjoying this place.  Also read some of the threads here, especially the one around Light Harmonic.  You'll likely understand a lot more about this place and its inhabitants.  

Then contribute and be a part of the gang.....

Edited by skullguise

Yes, Ive had a good opportunity now to sTROLL through the site and have had a nice chat with the mod.  I do have thick skin and an equally quick wit.  So I will "sling mud" back, I take it all as good natured fun.  Hopefully those doing the initially "slinging" have equally thick skin and are equally good natrued.  In any case, point taken about the first post.  FYI, their is no rule about duplicate avatars on this forum as of yet...LOL.

Pleasure to meet you.

Cheers

Yes, Ive had a good opportunity now to sTROLL through the site and have had a nice chat with the mod.  I do have thick skin and an equally quick wit.  So I will "sling mud" back, I take it all as good natured fun.  Hopefully those doing the initially "slinging" have equally thick skin and are equally good natrued.  In any case, point taken about the first post.  FYI, their is no rule about duplicate avatars on this forum as of yet...LOL.

Pleasure to meet you.

Cheers

Your TROLLiness,

Your self professed thick hide and wittiness aside, you lack common sense and are unable to gauge your surroundings.  The reason why this place is not like the other place is because the bar is much higher here.  Almost all regulars here are very well versed in audio but are interested in discussing other things.  Most here are not interested in fielding random hardware questions to strangers.  Go over there for that.  I'm sure they'll be happy to shill to you until they are blue in the fingers.  This place is more of an online bar rather than a platform for gear love fests and the like.  We are all thick skinned and wittier than shit, but that's not exactly credentials for admission here - it's expected.

Finally, I would die a happy man if every avatar on Earth was of an alpine peak, but for fuck's sake, if you are going emulate me, post the correct mountain.

tl;dr:  You won't last long here.

Edited by roadtonowhere08

Let each man fight his own fight, if your going to be a bully be a bigone.  Just stand on your own feet and do it.  Instead it seems I have illicited the weakest of forum to step forward.  At least I am aware of who they are.

Please refrain from the cult mentality.

Yeah, good luck with that.

(I don't think it's just this forum, I'm pretty sure no-one anywhere appreciates receiving etiquette lessons from a newb.)