Help in building KGBH

bwck2000

First, sincere thanks to everyone who contributed in the forum.I cannot start the project without resources from here.

Recently I have finished my KGBH build but it isn't working.The observable problems are the two LEDs connecting 2sa1968 and the one connecting 2sc3675 do not light up as well as those 1968s not heating.Curiously, the amp works for a second every time after i turn the power off,right after the extinguish of the leds connecting the + and - 15v supply. The PSU unit is  measured of giving the right voltage. I once thought of giving up the project but before that I try my luck to see anyone who once encounter the same problem or know anything about it. Thank you.

Thank you for all the reply.

RE Craig Sawyers Both channel failed and the parts are correctly wired and checked for several times.

As yousaid maybe it is probably due to the sands. Maybe a all-around replace of sand is needed,which is the thing i want to avoid the most.

I am in Hong Kong  and in fact stores from mainland china have all the parts i need at a unbelievable low price, 20cent USD for 2sa1968 for example,but the reliability is as low as the price observed from my failure of the project.

4 hours ago, JoaMat said:

bdent.com seems to have a few in stock. USD14.29 each if you buy 25 pieces or more. You need 28 pieces?

At that rate it may be cheaper to build Kevin's BJT version of the Blue Hawaii from scratch!

Edited by mwl168
  • Like 1

Dalbani are crooks, bought 100 or so 1968's few years ago when I had John's old KGSSHV offboards and luckily with the Dy294 on hand they all had a break down voltage of 190ish to 320. Then I bought 10 1968's from a supplier in China for around $40, they tested all fine and dandy and are still in use today in a KGSSHV I helped a friend build. Lots of fake 2SC3675, 2SA1967 and 1968's floating about so have to becareful.