Balanced to unbalanced board

sbelyo

Trying to figure out a way to make 6 boards manageable, would like some sockets but don't have any yet>

sockets for .030 pins with .100" spacing?

So the buffers clamp to 18ga wire with normal connectors

to take apart you have to work your way in.

one power connection

stereo in

balanced and buffered out,     pot could go between the white 3 pin connectors

06802.jpg

• Like 2

Maybe some of these Amp receptacles? For 0.0252" pins

649-75915-304LF

That one is a 4 position. Are you trying to find a connector type to connect the buffers to the ubal->bal boards?

I actually think that Kevin should just put the buffers right on the ubal boards. They wouldn't add that much real estate, and if you didn't want to use them, you could just jumper them.

The Phoenix connectors seem to add a bit of real estate on small boards such as these though :)

Edited by Pars

10 minutes ago, Pars said:

I actually think that Kevin should just put the buffers right on the ubal boards.

they are on the smd version, plug in through hole solder  pins

and yes jumper them out, use em' or try other buffers, excellent!

thanks those connectors will work. if not here somewhere

Edited by congo5

On 1/29/2017 at 3:18 PM, kevin gilmore said:

the way the board is layed out currently its really input -> attenuator -> ubal/bal -> diamond buffer because there is only one set of servo's

and the attenuator is best at something like 10K

If I wanted to make a preamp with these boards can I omit the attenuator and wire it like this?

For example:

Pre.jpg

On 2017/1/30 at 4:18 AM, kevin gilmore said:

the way the board is layed out currently its really input -> attenuator -> ubal/bal -> diamond buffer because there is only one set of servo's

and the attenuator is best at something like 10K

is this input + output board + attenuator also the same as here? Or put the attenuator in between the two boards?

https://www.head-case.org/forums/topic/12024-and-now-for-something-completely-different-part-3/?page=6#comment-724017

BTW, about these output boards, the orginal one and the newer one, could we wire them to output SE signals?

so I did something like that with an opa1632, everyone over at amb's picked on me, and in fact it sounded like shit. Then Ti released exactly the same thing.

Still sounds like shit. Lots and lots of feedback is why. This discrete thing is pure class A and current sources, and no feedback. except for dc servo sounds so much better

congo5 is testing the surface mount stuff, currently the output buffer blows up due to power over 15v, so will trim the current a bit, the surface mount transistors can only take 150mw. size vs power.  It will run just fine on 15v anyway

Edited by kevin gilmore