A Totally Unnecessary Case For My HP2

postjack

If when I got into this hobby you told me I would end up spending as much on a case for headphones as I did for my first pair of headphones, well... :D

I was intrigued by the case jpak uses for his HP2s, so per his suggestion I went by my local Ritz Camera store and picked up this Quantaray case. It comes with a large chunk of foam in the middle that can be customized to your camera's (or headphones) needs. So I went crazy on it with a kitchen knife, and this is what I ended up with:

hp2case002kk5.jpg

hp2case003mj8.jpg

Not sure what I'll do with the cable. Probably keep it similar to how it is, in a large loop around the case, but maybe cut a little path leading from each driver to take the stress off that connection.

I have a similar case (a pistol case, actually). I had it customized to carry a modded earmax pro and a pair of grado cans. The only issue I had is that foam stunk, in a chemical sort of way. Did not wanted to go insane in the membrane, thus never quite used it to store the headphones there for an extended period. ;) ymmv

I have a similar case (a pistol case, actually). I had it customized to carry a modded earmax pro and a pair of grado cans. The only issue I had is that foam stunk, in a chemical sort of way. Did not wanted to go insane in the membrane, thus never quite used it to store the headphones there for an extended period. ;) ymmv

Oooh, Earmax Pro. It's been a while since I've seen people talk about it. ;D Hmm, the foam stunk eh? :o

People have custom made expensive headphone stands. They need to start working on expensive cases. :angel:

• 1 year later...

Just the other day I was trying to see if I could find the Ultimate Ears cases on ebay, for carying either my UMPC or an ipod and earphones. The new cases aren't big enough for the UMPC though. Im going to have to take a look around my local ritz camera and see what they've got.

It would be cool to be able to carry my HP 2133, Headamp Pico, Ipod and Shure 530s all in one case :)

Are you sure you didn't cut it too deep? it looks like it could still move vertically, and with how heavy the cans are, i'd personally have it more flush, or even have the cans higher than the bottom half just to make sure the foam squeezes it so it doesn't move at all.

Woah I thought Nanoha is veniogenesis

that blew my mind :kitty:

Are you sure you didn't cut it too deep? it looks like it could still move vertically, and with how heavy the cans are, i'd personally have it more flush, or even have the cans higher than the bottom half just to make sure the foam squeezes it so it doesn't move at all.

Excellent point, if the case was intended for travelling. Instead it was intended as a stay-at-home-home for pricey HP2s.

Elephas, you should try lining it with some sort of silk, a la the W5000 flight case. 8)

Yeah, the depth is much too deep for the HP2. But it works fine, because the foam keeps the headphone pretty much in place.

The scary thing about the HP2 is their lettering. I'm afraid of letting anything touch them, including silk cloth. Air dielectric seems to be safest.

Right now, I'm actually keeping the HP2 in a Sennheiser box with the original foam inserts removed.

I picked up a Quantaray from Ritz Camera today. Same size as Posty, from the looks of it. Last one in the store, and the only size they had.

I've made spots for my HP 2133 mini notebook, as well as 5G iPod and 8GB iPhone. I'm going to add a space for my Headamp Pico, which is at the office over the weekend.

I'll be adding space for my new Shure e530s, once I get them.

Its going to be a tight squeeze to get all that in, but I think it will work. I can always put the pico in the ipod spot if I have to.

The 6 cell battery of the computer made it tricky to mount flush to the foam, and I ended up taking out extra foam in the back to accommodate it. It sticks up a little from the foam surface, so I may put it lower, but it wont be able to lay flat, since I cant take away any more foam where the battery is. I think it'll be fine the way it is.

This is really going to simplify packing when traveling. Thanks for the idea, Posty and Jpak :prettyprincess:

2577618869_819d485c83_b.jpg

2577617937_d92a507c35_b.jpg

2577619693_18aedcc94c_b.jpg

Just the other day I was trying to see if I could find the Ultimate Ears cases on ebay, for carying either my UMPC or an ipod and earphones. The new cases aren't big enough for the UMPC though. Im going to have to take a look around my local ritz camera and see what they've got.

It would be cool to be able to carry my HP 2133, Headamp Pico, Ipod and Shure 530s all in one case :)

I have an extra one if you want it.

Its in my nature. Not so much cutting, as digging. The Aardvark, (Orycteropus afer) translates to "digging foot". :)

You of course know this, Elphas, as you are one of the closest living relatives to me, along with elephant shrews, sirenians, hyraxes and tenrecs ;)

I have an extra one if you want it.

UE case or Quantaray case?