What is your current project, or what will be your next project?

JBLoudG20

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

This is exactly what I do and I actually run a piece of shield up to each connector, not just one.

How exactly do you deal with the shield? I sat downstairs tonight with my younger son building a mini-RCA cable for him for his mixer (recording) out of Starquad. Sat there unbraiding the shield for about 3+". Got down to the end and it all fell off... fuck fuck fuck!! :mikey1:

I was trying to be careful when I stripped the jacket, and thought I was being careful splitting the braid and trying not to cut the shield wires. Wound up unshielded for the last 3 inches into the RCAs.

The shield on Canare SQ is quite easy to cut when stripping the jacket. I've moved entirely to mogami (not for that reason) and find that its copper shield is much more resistant although still able to be cut if you're not careful. Although usually if I've cut the shield I've cut the jacket on a conductor and then have to figure out if I can live with a shorter cable. :)