What is your current project, or what will be your next project?

JBLoudG20

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been thinking of using that circuit for the CCS in my tube headphone amp planned in the future, but I'll probably just go with a simple cascode of 10m45's for now.

If you have trouble finding 10m45's let me know... I stocked up.

If you want to use a pcb for the ccs it looks like dsavitsk will have some available soon. http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=1359849#post1359849

Renato

Thanks! Just FYI, total construction time for those is less than an hour with the biggest time suck being dealing with the shield. They do sound quite good though, especially given the extremely modest cost.

How do you deal with the shield? This is something I've been thinking about the past couple days. Do you just put a piece of wire up into the shield and solder that onto the connector, or do you leave enough shield out that you can twist it seperate from the signal wires and use that?

Thanks for the info, Nate. I usually see shields only connected at source end. Have you found connected at both to be better for you?

If you have trouble finding 10m45's let me know... I stocked up.

If you want to use a pcb for the ccs it looks like dsavitsk will have some available soon. http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=1359849#post1359849

Cool, thanks Renato.

Thanks for the info, Nate. I usually see shields only connected at source end. Have you found connected at both to be better for you?

For single ended cables I usuall connect them at the source end only. For balanced cables I've tried source-end and both, with no difference (in my rig). But for the most part I follow the industry standard of source side only.

• 2 weeks later...