Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

I'm waiting for the HCT HMS 100 knockoff myself.

I don't think it can get any cheaper than what I just paid. ;D

And actually, it wouldn't surprise me in the least to find out that HCT is the original man'f and the rest just buy it from them. There's at least 4 or 5 products that all use this amp and resell it under another name.

Guy listed it very poorly on Head-Fi, just called it "100 dollar tube amp". ???

I never quite get how people can be so bad about advertising their stuff for sale, I mean do you not want it to sell? Take 5 minutes, take a decent picture and write a complete description for cripes sake. I'll never forget when someone wrote me a PM asking how I sell stuff so fast, hello, I build so it doesn't look like shit and the rest is pretty much common sense. :mikey2:

I plan to have a little fun with it but doubt it'll stick around all that long.

I never quite get how people can be so bad about advertising their stuff for sale, I mean do you not want it to sell? Take 5 minutes, take a decent picture and write a complete description for cripes sake. I'll never forget when someone wrote me a PM asking how I sell stuff so fast, hello, I build so it doesn't look like shit and the rest is pretty much common sense. :mikey2

Ditto. What is up with that? I keep seeing these piss-poor advertisements on Audiogon and Head-Fi. Even with obscure gear. Do they expect us to be interested and do the research when all we see is a single punctuation-less sentence in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS? "BUYER PAYS SHIPPING AND PAYPAL FEES NO TIRE KICKERS OR LOWBALLERS." No pictures.

Guy listed it very poorly on Head-Fi, just called it "100 dollar tube amp". ???

I never quite get how people can be so bad about advertising their stuff for sale, I mean do you not want it to sell? Take 5 minutes, take a decent picture and write a complete description for cripes sake. I'll never forget when someone wrote me a PM asking how I sell stuff so fast, hello, I build so it doesn't look like shit and the rest is pretty much common sense. :mikey2:

I plan to have a little fun with it but doubt it'll stick around all that long.

I agree. A few pictures, a little politeness, and a thorough description go a long way towards a quicker sale. Sellers have to make their potential buyers feel confident about the purchase.

I would love to do some kind of FS workshop at the international meet. I'd do it like a Zig Ziglar inspirational sales seminar. :)

I agree. A few pictures, a little politeness, and a thorough description go a long way towards a quicker sale. Sellers have to make their potential buyers feel confident about the purchase.

I would love to do some kind of FS workshop at the international meet. I'd do it like a Zig Ziglar inspirational sales seminar. :)

I wish something like that was mandatory for posters on head-fi and craigslist. There are times when I'm not sure what they're even selling. If I weren't both lazy and poor, I'd go to your seminar.

So are you finally going to answer the Sade question?

Yup, one way or another.... :D

Except tonight is my 15th anniversary, and the wife and I just got back from a nice restaurant and we are both sloshed,

that wine was strong...

won't be doing too much critical listening tonight ;)

Yup, one way or another.... :D

Except tonight is my 15th anniversary, and the wife and I just got back from a nice restaurant and we are both sloshed,

that wine was strong...

won't be doing too much critical listening tonight ;)

congrats on the anniversary! :dance:

What size? For a 4-ch beta?

Decided to cheap out, eh? :)

It's for a one-box 2-channel beta I'm building for someone around these parts.

MOTMOTMOTMOTMOTMOTMOTMOTMOTMOTMOTMOT

I don't think Par really qualifies as cheaping out as long as you use what they provide wisely. My first beta looked pretty decent and that was a Par chassis. ;) But no, my beta won't be finding its way into a PM chassis, that's almost guaranteed.