What are you EATING right now?

JBLoudG20

My eyes started to glaze over when I read bacon sauce. Great pics for great dishes.

I'm eating very good homemade chili with a bit of crunched up tortilla chips and cheese; a chili pie. A little fresh chopped onion is always a good topper.

Grilled chicken sausage with feta and spinach, American fries with homegrown flatleaf parsley, and roasted homegrown tomatoes with EVOO, Modena balsamic, fresh homegrown basil and thyme, and hard Italian cheeses. The skillet:

3847093350_432a0aeb16_b.jpg

The served plate with glass of pinot grigio:

3847094320_3c43d5917d_b.jpg

Not shown: drooling spaniels. :D

A very simple fresh homegrown red tomato and green pepper salad as a side to leftover Tater Tot Hotdish:

3857353032_658e27c68c_b.jpg

Rough chopped some vine-ripened homegrown tomatoes and green peppers. Drained the tomatoes, seasoned with seasalt and fresh cracked black pepper and drained again. Added the green peppers and maybe two tablespoons of fresh minced white onion. Tossed. Dressed with EVOO. Tossed. Dressed with vintage Modena balsamic vinegar. Tossed. Yum. :)

Sweatin' the Details: Pa's Garbage Pizza Assembly

Prepped ingredients await assembly:

3865672397_45471ccb37_b.jpg

Pre-baked wholewheat crust with dried italian herbs assembled with EVOO and minced garlic, chopped homegrown roma tomatoes and green pepper, diced white onion and sliced grilled chicken sausage.

3865674171_c60126eff7_b.jpg

Sheep milk Feta, baby portabella sliced mushroums, crumbled bacon and more dried italian herbs are added.

3866459542_1144130f99_b.jpg

Fresh spinach. provolone and mozarella are added and it's into the oven.

3865675409_7887c6d049_b.jpg

Baked and sliced. Glass of chardonnay. Yum. :)

3866460928_013ff1bd0e_b.jpg

Just finishing up a big pot of Pinto beans. I like just salt and pepper for seasoning, a big onion diced up and tossed in before cooking and real ham hocks are a must. I soak my beans overnight, so they cook up in just a few hours.

We eat them Southern style, with the beans and juice piled on top of fresh baked cornbread.

Should be ready in about 30 minutes.

dinner001816x612.jpg

dinner002816x612.jpg

Touch of Fall with winds and highs in the 60sF. Leftover comfort food tonight with curried pinto and black bean soup with vegetables and ham over seasoned basmati rice with a garnish of homegrown chopped italian flatleaf parsley. The served plate:

3868534991_e1b7229b10_b.jpg

Glass of cab. Ahh! :)