Post what you're watching

deepak

Well, if you enjoyed Wonderfalls and haven't seen Dead Like Me, it's a great, if slightly morbid story. It's the same creator, and he also is currently doing Pushing Daisies on ABC. IMO season 1 of Dead Like Me is better than 2, but it's still a very entertaining show. And George is an awesome character. She has some priceless moments in the premier episode.

I watched Dead Like Me while it was aired. My girlfriend at the time turned me on to the show and I loved it. Can't wait for the movie!

So next recommendation!

I have all of Charmed from my friend. Like Buffy and Angel, I stopped watching it 2 or 3 seasons in, so my goal is to finish off the story, lol. But I want to put Charmed on the back burner for now as the recommendations you guys have given have been awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: 28 weeks later -- yeah, if you didn't like the first one, I don't see as how you'd like that one.

and yeah, the room scene was worse than anything in the first one -- both the plot hole that you pointed out, and how it was filmed...

... but it didn't ruin the movie for me, I still managed to ultimately enjoy it, myself. But I loved the first one.

Just watched the new Robot Chicken. There's a new Voltron skit in there... will become a future reference classic when calling for our own DOTU.

Before that it was Land of the Blind. A bit of an overblown concept about totalitarian governments with references to Iran, North Korea, and I'm sure many other instances in history of one awful government replacing another, that I'm not totally familiar with (other than the general context that all governments are awful so this happens on a daily basis, it would seem). Also completely mixed metaphors involving elephants, which I found annoying. On one hand they are used for their memory. History rewrites itself with each tyrannical leader, only the elephants remember. On the other hand they used the old story about blind men feeling up an elephant and each drawing their own conclusions... thus the name coming from "In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king". Bonus points if you guessed already that the hero of the story ends up losing an eye. Still and all, good performances from Ralph Fiennes and Donald Sutherland. Great sets too.