MJG appreciation thread

hungrych

thanks for inviting me here. i like the outlook of this place, hopefully it will stay this way, with free speech.

i remember when i was at headfi, i was trying to recommend some music in the darkest desire thread. with DarkAngel being the celeb for it. and they posted a list of 50 best melodic death metal, which cradle of filth isnt even death metal but was high on top. and i disagreed about that list and said it was a sad list one of the lower band should be on top, with no other disrespecting implications. and all the DarkAngel's followers jumped on me saying how i am disrespecting their taste or something shit like that. after that i have to be pretend to be nice and aplogized. i have a lot of things i want to speak out at headfi, but i dont want to since i see all my other members getting banned and shit for no reason so i just pretend to be nice and help the noobs.

I'll admit

I've been banned from head-fi lately ( ahhh I'm glad I can say it >:D )

the reason has remained somewhat obscure though ..

motivation has been I've replied on a FS forum ( they were nice not obtrusive replies .. we all know replying in the FS forum is not admitted , but we all do it in a way or another sometimes.. a ban was really an exaggerated thing .. but I enjoyed being out of head-fi for that short time 8) it's ture.. )

It was a 2 days ban ..

( the worst thing is that ) after 24h they restored my membership , but ALL of my subscriptions were gone , deleted .

That sucks! I think I have nearly 700 subscribed threads...

yeah

I tried to comunicate super politely my ( rather big ) disappointement to the mod who probably managed this -strange- ban of mine , but no results and no answer .

Strange because for other things always mods answered me in the past.

very stange

I've wathced the FS forum after my 24h ban just to understand what was wrong , and noticed really lot of discussion posts ( not interest posts) , don't know if many were banned the same as me or not.

btwII , Jude contacted me a while back to very gently explain why he removed one of my posts - it was about suggesting an e500 group buy and he is trying to moderate group buy , for reasons I well understand -

so this 2 things came up one against the other in a short time and weird .

^-^

ino incredibly big problems from this in my life :P , but in effect I've been incredulous and quite stoned when I saw all my subscription were deleted .

I had much more then 700 thread . I'm a member from 2001 .

More then this , no answer on why they deleted my subscriptions .

Is a thing I fall short understanding even if I brain about it , the fact itself , and the fact the mod didn't answer about it .

I'll repeat it , I've been extremely gentle and polite asking why , and focused on the fact that was quite a big (extreme) loss for me not having more acess on my subscription.

like he cutted me a leg , without telling me before ; and not answering after why .

:(

I wonder if being a contributing member would have added bit more respect from him ..

quite a sad thing to wonder though

yeah

I tried to comunicate super politely my ( rather big ) disappointement to the mod who probably managed this -strange- ban of mine , but no results and no answer .

Strange because for other things always mods answered me in the past.

very stange

Let me guess, the moderator in question was elrod tom?

• 1 month later...

Hey Philodox, you might want to check out the new prices of Module and Stepped Attenuator Upgrades on the Balanced Home... ;).

MJG rocks. I haven't talked to you for ages. I enjoyed our conversation after the NY regional meet about your work on killer computer viruses O0. Yep, that's right, MJG is going to destroy all of your computers, and then get you to pay him to fix them.

MJG rocks. I haven't talked to you for ages. I enjoyed our conversation after the NY regional meet about your work on killer computer viruses O0. Yep, that's right, MJG is going to destroy all of your computers, and then get you to pay him to fix them.

sup brotha,

o man, don't remind me of that project!! It's gotta be done in a few weeks and i'm seriously hurting heh. what''s good?

philodox;

anytime your in the area, i'll serve you up a glass of olive juice... you can sure put them down.