Is there a comprehensive source for beginer tube amp or hybrid users

Chekhonte

The lightbulb thingies are tubes. You put them in the holes on the amp that seem like they fit. Don't turn the amp on without headphones plugged in. Turn down the volume before switching cans. Turn off the amp before switching tubes. Power + no tubes = magic smoke release.

Why do you feel you need to get a tube amp over solid state?

You're probably better off asking this on head-fi. Before you do, it would be helpful for you to state your budget, the headphones you'll be using with it and even though it's rarely mentioned, your source / type of music you like to listen to.

Try and buy used. A good bargain at the moment in the Head-fi for sale section is a SinglePower Extreme Platinum with upgraded power supply - going for $1500. Probably $1k off list.

There are lots of budget alternatives - go through the Headphone amp forum in Head-fi for info about them and try and audition if you can.

Why do you feel you need to get a tube amp over solid state?

You're probably better off asking this on head-fi. Before you do, it would be helpful for you to state your budget, the headphones you'll be using with it and even though it's rarely mentioned, your source / type of music you like to listen to.

Try and buy used. A good bargain at the moment in the Head-fi for sale section is a SinglePower Extreme Platinum with upgraded power supply - going for $1500. Probably $1k off list.

There are lots of budget alternatives - go through the Headphone amp forum in Head-fi for info about them and try and audition if you can.

Ouch, getting busted on by a newbie who can't read.

I want my own forum! There's a new pompous ass (version: whiteboy gansta wannabe knowitall on mommie's dime talking bitches, kahnts, and video game meaning of life theology) over at head-fi asking for advice on "stylish" headphones. If I had my own forum, I'd be allowed to put diapers on him and publically spank him or drop him into an actual hood and webcast how well he survives once he says a bitch or kahnt to a real one. I shouldn't have bothered with his spit at all, but I wanted to set him up to see if he'd fall. He did actually type out C_U_N_T_S, but nothing else. Then I got nice. I'm a wimp. I still want my own forum, though.