Vaporware no more?

boomana

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, the cat was stupid, ran into the street, and broke my heart, but she had a good cat life. I'll find a new critter one day, or rather, it will find me, as usual.

So, NickKnutson started a Diablo thread on head-fi a few days ago. I'm finding my reaction very humorous, in a territorial bitchy way. How dare anyone trash the Diablo who hasn't been waiting over a year for one! That's our right, damnit! The rest of youz back off! I now find myself wanting to defend something I don't even have just to shut slswizler (or whatever), trosey, and SR-71 panorama down. How stupid. Think I'll just stay away. Dumb and dumber.

Well, the Diablo saga gets worse as the days go by...

Well...

I just got done meeting with Duncan. <snip>

Today was a bust, since neither of the 2 Diablos he has actually worked. One of them actually smelled of burning silicon when we plugged it in, and the other one didn't light up at all. Best case, the charging circuit was bad. Worst case...well...you know.

Someone, please, lawyer up and go after this fool.

To make it all weirder, the mailman was ringing my doorbell only seconds after pressing "send" on an email telling Larry that if I didn't have a full refund by Monday I was taking legal action and advising all to band together to do same.

It's charging now. Immediate impressions are favorable, but who really knows. I only listened for a few songs, and I still don't quite believe I even have the thing, so judgments are clouded by some excitement and some serious suprise. I was just focuing on if everything worked. It does. I like it with the Etys (the bass contour is nice here), but got some conjestion in the upper mids with the HD600s. It's a fairly bright amp compared to my PRII, which, for some reason surprised me, and I'll have to get used to that presentation.

The size is between a Hornet and the PRII or SR-71, but thinner.

• 2 weeks later...
So, NickKnutson started a Diablo thread on head-fi a few days ago. I'm finding my reaction very humorous, in a territorial bitchy way. How dare anyone trash the Diablo who hasn't been waiting over a year for one! That's our right, damnit! The rest of youz back off! I now find myself wanting to defend something I don't even have just to shut slswizler (or whatever), trosey, and SR-71 panorama down. How stupid. Think I'll just stay away. Dumb and dumber.

boomana, you talking about me? I trying to express excitement! O0