What happened to Head-fi?

nickknutson

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any info about this forum is dutifully suppressed by the other forum.

I had actually found mention of head-case from Rockhopper's website. I refrained from posting until drunk enough to be immune from the flames, though.

Of course I didn't think to register last week so no intertubes cred for me :/

I had actually found mention of head-case from Rockhopper's website. I refrained from posting until drunk enough to be immune from the flames, though.

Where? I looked, I couldn't find it.

Hi, PhOrk. In that case, since you're drinking and posting, there's a whole thread for you here: http://www.head-case.org/index.php/topic,2428.0.html

I refrained from posting until drunk enough to be immune from the flames, though.
:kitty:

First response: you're going to fit right in -- favourite newb of the weak week.

Second thought: hey, wait, you do realize that alcohol is inflammable, and "inflammable" means very flammable, not "not flammable". So either you intend to go up like a marshmallow, or your approach is such that I don't understand it.

:kitty:

First response: you're going to fit right in -- favourite newb of the weak week.

Second thought: hey, wait, you do realize that alcohol is inflammable, and "inflammable" means very flammable, not "not flammable". So either you intend to go up like a marshmallow, or your approach is such that I don't understand it.

I can't tell if you're being kind or if this is a very clever flame. Clearly, I need another glass. Everyone knows alcohol makes you invulnerable. That's not the same "in" as in inflammable!

I'm surprised at how different it is here compared to Head-Fi. A lot more honesty IMO, it kind of feels like there's some shady plugging going on around over there or something.

I see a lot more "experienced" users, and quick looks through the "favorite headphones" thread tells it all.

Is it okay for a noobster like me to come here too? :kitty:

I'm surprised at how different it is here compared to Head-Fi. A lot more honesty IMO, it kind of feels like there's some shady plugging going on around over there or something.

I see a lot more "experienced" users, and quick looks through the "favorite headphones" thread tells it all.

:doghuh:

Of course.

No shady plugging around here! just buy all your shit from headamp, rockhopper, engima, or DIYs and we are good. :dance:

I'm a little hesitant to ask for advice since it feels like I might lower the standards of this place and all the regulars are way beyond the stage I'm at.

I guess I'll just lurk some more and stuff.

As long as you think about what you're asking, and listen and discuss, you'll probably get good advice. :)

I'm a little hesitant to ask for advice since it feels like I might lower the standards of this place and all the regulars are way beyond the stage I'm at.

I guess I'll just lurk some more and stuff.

Lower the standards?

Hold on a second...

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

OK. Please continue.

Awesome. Now the question is, where do I post a general headphone/amp/dac entire setup topic? ???

An excellent question, and one that has no perfect answer. Just start a thread in any one of those areas, then ask more questions around answers you get. If you haven't noticed, most threads tend to evolve or even go way off topic, and I don't think anyone would mind talking about what amps go well with certain headphones in a headphone thread, or visa versa, etc.

And welcome, fungi, even if your name is rather...uh... :kitty:

Nothing like slathering on the ass-kissing to get on our good side -- well played!

Oh, and "Miscellaneous" is probably the best place to ask about whole systems.

An excellent question, and one that has no perfect answer. Just start a thread in any one of those areas, then ask more questions around answers you get. If you haven't noticed, most threads tend to evolve or even go way off topic, and I don't think anyone would mind talking about what amps go well with certain headphones in a headphone thread, or visa versa, etc.

And welcome, fungi, even if your name is rather...uh... :kitty:

Yeah, I figured the logical thing to do was to start with Headphones. My name has history! Don't hate on the fungus ::)

Nothing like slathering on the ass-kissing to get on our good side -- well played!

Oh, and "Miscellaneous" is probably the best place to ask about whole systems.

Are you kidding me? It's in my blood to kiss ass.

Just chose Headamp AE-2 over Hornet "M". AE-2 just seemed to have more of what I wanted (li-ion battery, RCA inputs). Despite all the praise heeped on the Hornet at Head-fi, still chose AE-2. Will I be welcome here, or do I need to hang my head in shame and crawl back to Head-fi?

good amp selection isn't the only criteria for getting accepted here.