What happened to Head-fi?

nickknutson

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Nick. Lost track of the ongoing saga due to Head-fi crash. Forgive me for asking, but did you ever recieve your Diablo?

Yeah, it will be a damn shame if we lose that thread. But no, I haven't recieved it yet, but I do know it's in the mail. I traded emails with Larry throughout the day yesterday and he gave me a tracking number...so I know for sure that it's on it's way. I also asked him to triple check the amp to make sure it works when it gets here...and he assured me that it's in perfect working order.

On a side note, he also told me he has a new version of the PR coming out soon...he'll be taking deposits very soon. :o

good amp selection isn't the only criteria for getting accepted here.

Hooray for me!

Though I caved and bought Nick's Gilmore Lite, don't tell anyone!

To talk business for a moment, I can't help but be fascinated at how the community is reacting to the strain of the HF outage. Well a subset of the community, anyway.

which reaction are you fascinated with?

Bleeding out onto other forums and methods of maintaining the network ties. It shows the community has some resilience beyond the bounds of HF itself as a website - I don't think I've been a part of a community that has sustained this sort of downtime that didn't already have an IRC channel or the like.

Of course, the existence of a splinter group alternative source of information like head-case is interesting in and of itself.

Hooray for me!

Though I caved and bought Nick's Gilmore Lite, don't tell anyone!

To talk business for a moment, I can't help but be fascinated at how the community is reacting to the strain of the HF outage. Well a subset of the community, anyway.

not fair, it took me so long to sell that glite and nick sells it in like 2 days. :(

and get a m^3 w/ bass boost nick, sounds so damn good

Bleeding out onto other forums and methods of maintaining the network ties. It shows the community has some resilience beyond the bounds of HF itself as a website - I don't think I've been a part of a community that has sustained this sort of downtime that didn't already have an IRC channel or the like.

Of course, the existence of a splinter group alternative source of information like head-case is interesting in and of itself.

i_splinter30_narrowweb__300x375,0.jpg