Why is the world so cruel!

Nenso

Basically, the oldest/most famous Japanese rock band X Japan (or X) that has ever existed had reunited on 10/22/07. The leader of the band has organized it so that overseas fans can buy a "package" with the plane ticket, hotel booked, everything set, or enter a lottery where random selected winners will be allowed to buy tickets.

I've been listening to these guys for a long time and this is a perfect oppotunity since it is during Spring Break. When I started to register the form...

I am talking about a band performing in Tokyo Dome 3 days in a row.. with 50,000 fans per day and a great deal. All I need to pay is around $1500USD for a package with a booked hotel, round-trip back, everything planned out (and some additional spending money.)

I was very excited and glad that a deal like this existed; however, soon everything had changed.

For non-US residents, please contact H.I.S. International Tours (L.A.) Inc. directly to make your reservation at [email protected].

Please note that participants are restricted to those at least 18 years of age.

What the hell. I was going to be in Asia during spring break too so going to Japan for a concert would've been very convinient around that time.

Ok.. at first I wasn't worried because all I have to do is send an e-mail or give them a call. Then I saw 18 years of age. This is completely unfair.

Not only is this a chance to guarentee a ticket to the best seats in Tokyo Dome, but it saves me the time and energy to look for a ticket somewhere, not to mention having to wage war (ebay bidding war) against fangirls for tickets. Or maybe I could get a proxy to buy it for me for way overpriced. When the pre-sale started, 50000 tickets for the first night were sold out in the opening hours so I am really dissapointed now since I probably have no chance.

Whyyy, whyy wasn't I born in 1989? :mikey2::mikey1::horsey::stick::rock:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am talking about a band performing in Tokyo Dome 3 days in a row.. with 50,000 fans per day and a great deal. All I need to pay is around $1500USD for a package with a booked hotel, round-trip back, everything planned out (and some additional spending money.)

JBUHX86N.jpg

You might want to work on your perspective of a cruel world, and get some freaking gratitude. You sound disturbingly entitled.

All I need to pay is around $1500USD for a package with a booked hotel, round-trip back, everything planned out (and some additional spending money.)

??? Beside what others have already said, I can't imagine any parallel universe where seeing X is worth that much $. I find X's music quite bland and forgettable.

I don't see why this is such a huge deal, he's obviously just disappointed that he can't see one of his favorite bands. Sure it's a little whiny, it's not like it's Jagwire whining about having to see horribly sick people in the hospital... Boomana, I don't think that's really necessary; I think it's safe to assume that just because someone is upset about something doesn't mean they aren't still appreciative that they aren't in poverty, since most people aren't quite that crazy.

It's not the fact that he was disappointed. I can sympathize with that. I also have zero problem with him being able to afford any dang thing he wants, including chartering a private plane to go to the concert. It's how he framed it. Calling the world cruel and and whining about not being about to go to a concert costing him over $1500 simply because he's not yet 18 is bratty, plain and simple. Maybe he was shooting for dramatic effect. I dunno. It hit me wrong first thing in the morning after working four 16hr shifts in a row.

Obviously in the context of the rest of his posts I understand, but still, do you really think he was being serious?

I think he was being dramatic, but again, it's how he framed it. If you're going for dramatic humor to offset a basic whine, you need to move into full-fledged satire, overt self-deprecation, or the like. Perhaps the flaw is his stylistic mediocrity. Or maybe he's just a brat.

=\ i was overexaggerating with the title.. but basically seriously I'm very dissapointed.

Boomama: I know that there are many who are unfortunate and I acknowledge that. It was my bad for using a title such as this.

grawk: heh, sorry

Obviously in the context of the rest of his posts I understand, but still, do you really think he was being serious?

Haha, I guess you understand. I'm not over-privledged because I'm using part of my life savings to go on this trip if I had the chance. X was a pretty cool band so I wanted to see them. A bad joke? Hmm, I guess maybe you can say that. I was just dissapointed.

Edit: I forgot to mention that my main point in this thread is that there are so many events/things that has an age limit when it doesn't matter too much. I'm sure people have been to overseas by themselves and it isn't much of a big deal if they're 18+ or not, especially if it is a tour type of thing.