beatles vs. stones  

19 members have voted

1. 1. beatles vs. stones

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beatles.

I'm surprised disappointed at the ramped hatred for Beatles here. They have some great albums, and great songs that aren't usually heard on the radio. I'd suggest actually hearing an entire album by the band before casually dismissing them, if you haven't already. Don't go into it expecting Slayer or 2LiveCrew, and you should be able to appreciate at least some of the breadth of their work.

Much of the pop music you all listen to today was already written by the Beatles, so you like them whether you realize it or not ;)

I'm not a huge Stones fan, but I can respect their contribution to music. And I see its only fitting we are talking 'bout horses, ponies, etc, since McJagger looks like a fuggin' donkey.

<snip> and you should be able to appreciate at least some of the breadth of their work. <snip>

I've heard whole albums. I can appreciate what they did and how and when they did it... I just can't listen to them.

Much of the pop music you all listen to today was already written by the Beatles, so you like them whether you realize it or not ;)

Which is why I don't listen to much of today's pop music either ;)

Don't go into it expecting Slayer or 2LiveCrew, and you should be able to appreciate at least some of the breadth of their work.

As a 2LiveCrew fan I'm offended. :rock:

As on who does not listen to pop music I stand by my vote. Given a choice between nothing, the Beatles or the Stones it would be a toss up between the Beatles and nothing. I've heard a lot of the Beatles catalog and what can I say, not much of it does much for me.