Which beer to get?

guzziguy

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 Unibroue Maudite (no 16) $6.00

Sweet, the Maudite is a good beer. The Unibroue brewery is not far from where I live and most of their beers range from decent to excellent. I just wish they'd take more risks and release something other than Belgian-style beers. My favorite from them is the Trois-Pistoles. Yummy. :cool:

Sweet, the Maudite is a good beer. The Unibroue brewery is not far from where I live and most of their beers range from decent to excellent. I just wish they'd take more risks and release something other than Belgian-style beers. My favorite from them is the Trois-Pistoles. Yummy. :cool:

They also had the Trois-Pistoles and the Fin du Monde. I didn't get either of those because it's been really hot here recently and I thought that the Maudite would be the best of the three as a hot weather beer. I'm willing to hear other opinions though. :)

They also had the Trois-Pistoles and the Fin du Monde. I didn't get either of those because it's been really hot here recently and I thought that the Maudite would be the best of the three as a hot weather beer. I'm willing to hear other opinions though. :)

IMO, none of the Unibroue beers are hot weather beers, they're too sweet, creamy and rich to be enjoyed on summer days. I prefer them late at night or during a supper, but YMMV. My hot weather beer style of choice is very hoppy IPAs.

And you live in the country that produces the best strong IPAs. :palm:

Yep. Unfortunately, Russian River Brewery doesn't ship their beer down this far south yet. So no Pliney the Elder. The good news is that they plan on doing it soon, so I have hope! :P

i've never had that problem.

that's not what she said

"I'll just have to choke it down".

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Drifting off topic here, but when I lived in DC I used to patronize a sushi bar where the chef was a huge Burgundy hound. His theory was that they particularly complemented umami-rich dishes. My theory was that since he was selling some great stuff at very fair prices, I wasn't going to argue with him! ;D