• UE10
    • UE11
    • christopher reeve

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

/me is jealous.

I have wondered the same thing. The 10 seems to be more neutral, but 11 more 'fun'.

I'd like Tyll to weigh in on this one, I knew he has both, and has probably heard the Triple.fi. Paging the headroom headcase...

FWIW Chris, I though the 530 blew goats. I would have liked it, but I owned the triple.fi before them. No comparison, IMO. The triple.fi spanked it in everything but comfort. And at least for me, the comfort issue was resolved by using Shure tips.

As long it (UE10 or UE11) improves upon the e.530, I'd probably not regret getting them.

They are steep, but so is everything else I'd get instead. It wouldn't be for at least a month or two, I'd imagine.

Plus all I'd really be doing is delaying my other purchases, i.e. music, which I'd just get later anyway.

edit: JBL, I've not heard the triple fi, but dont plan on getting them, as I'd rather step up to customs, I think.

If you find my impressions for CanJam I stated my preference. Honestly at this point I can't remember, but I think it was the 11. And yeah, before dropping $1000+ on a set of headphones that instantly become worthless to anyone else I'd say you should demo them even if it means waiting. That'd be a painful mistake.

I like the 10's! No...I LOVE my 10's. Getting something that is neutral, for me at least, is worth it's weight in gold. If I want fun, I listen to speakers or the Super.fi's I have. If I want to really hear what's in the music and in the mix, then it's my UE-10's or HP-2's. :)

I've heard both the UE10s and 11s, but only in the universal demo thingies they had at canjam. UE reps trick you at those meets, suck you in by giving you one set, and then on up the line until you're listening to the UE10s and going, "Yes, this is what I need. Thank you very much." The UE10s are about as clean as I've heard, and yes, I suppose "neutral" could used here, but I'm always a bit suspicious of that word. Anyway, I loved them. That said, I'm getting the UE11s (I've had trouble with impressions and am getting a third set next week). I am not a bass-head by any account, but it's quite seductive here in that it is soooo present, but not overpowering, not sloppy, just very tight and tidy. I'm a bit nervous that once I get the customs the bass will have even a bigger presence, and I don't want that, but I liked what I heard so much, I'm willing to take that risk. Also, I am looking for fun phones. I think my other headphones got the reference thing covered, so a little bottom end is a good thing in my mind. I'm just hoping that proves true.

For $250 I would give the LiveWire T1 a shot. I'd feel a lot more comfortable buying those blind than either the UE10 or 11.

I've read more than one account that the T1 has less than stellar sound quality. Not necessarily by people whose ears I trust, but none the less.

For $250, I'd pull a sweet deal on the Triple.Fi ;) It may take some finnagling, but is certainly possible, as I recently demonstrated :)

I've heard both the UE10s and 11s, but only in the universal demo thingies they had at canjam. UE reps trick you at those meets, suck you in by giving you one set, and then on up the line until you're listening to the UE10s and going, "Yes, this is what I need. Thank you very much." The UE10s are about as clean as I've heard, and yes, I suppose "neutral" could used here, but I'm always a bit suspicious of that word. Anyway, I loved them. That said, I'm getting the UE11s (I've had trouble with impressions and am getting a third set next week). I am not a bass-head by any account, but it's quite seductive here in that it is soooo present, but not overpowering, not sloppy, just very tight and tidy. I'm a bit nervous that once I get the customs the bass will have even a bigger presence, and I don't want that, but I liked what I heard so much, I'm willing to take that risk. Also, I am looking for fun phones. I think my other headphones got the reference thing covered, so a little bottom end is a good thing in my mind. I'm just hoping that proves true.

So the take away from this is what convinced you to get UE11s over 10s is a very appealing bass from the UE11s? Otherwise everything else was ~the same and the main difference between the two is in the bass?

Hrmmm if that's true then perhaps I will finally invest in some UE11s myself. The accuracy/monitorness of the UE10s has been attractive to me for a long time, but the UE11s have a higher #! If the UE11 is basically the same in the highs/mids but the bass is just really engaging then that works for me. As long as its not overpresent and one notey which was somewhat what I was afraid of but your impression makes it seem not that way at all. Phew.