What are you listening to Part Two

deepak

I'm not much more than a dabbler in classical, but I do like some classical guitar recordings, e.g.

bream.jpg

And I do have quite a bit of Segovia. Christopher Parkening doesn't do much for me. I generally prefer solo guitar, but small groups is fine too. I haven't learned to appreciate orchestral/symphonic stuff.

Are there any recordings in this genre you folks would suggest? Especially, recent ones?

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a different note, is there any love here for the Supersuckers? I just discovered these guys recently, but they have a nice body of work extending back 10-12 or more years, e.g.

super3.jpg

Damn, I haven't thought of them in years. Fun band, though their music always reminded me of keg parties in the Spring.

I'm not much more than a dabbler in classical, but I do like some classical guitar recordings, e.g.

bream.jpg

And I do have quite a bit of Segovia. Christopher Parkening doesn't do much for me. I generally prefer solo guitar, but small groups is fine too. I haven't learned to appreciate orchestral/symphonic stuff.

Are there any recordings in this genre you folks would suggest? Especially, recent ones?

Definitely start with Segovia (my favorite) and Bream (Jacob's favorite, I believe).

You know those songs that you can listen to at any time? And pretty much as soon as you think of it, you kind of have to? This is one of those songs.

Weird combination of Leonard Cohen and Jim White. Kinda like it, but having a hard time hearing it as a song on it's own. Does anybody else what I'm talking about?

Weird combination of Leonard Cohen and Jim White.
I constantly confuse Jim White and Joseph Arthur. And now that you mention Leonard Cohen, I hear that, too. Don't know what you're talking about on the other part, though. It's not part of any album, if that's what you mean -- it was a standalone single.

I'll have to hear some Mark Lanegan...