What are you listening to Part Two

deepak

Why me? :D They are a bit silly, in a way that Jacula is silly, a bit over the top and musically just ok. With all that said it's a fun album to listen to occasionally, that's why I got the mp3, do you like Jacula's "Tardo Pede in Magiam Versus"? It has a similar theatrical scary vibe ;)

n.p. Edu Lobo - Sergio Mendes Presents Lobo (1970)

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why me? :D They are a bit silly, in a way that Jacula is silly, a bit over the top and musically just ok. With all that said it's a fun album to listen to occasionally, that's why I got the mp3, do you like Jacula's "Tardo Pede in Magiam Versus"? It has a similar theatrical scary vibe ;)

n.p. Edu Lobo - Sergio Mendes Presents Lobo (1970)

yeah still fun to listen to. I looked up what the UK Vertigo vinyl is going for since someone on SH is selling one. They go for between $1500-2500 :o

I didn't think anyone other than you would have heard of this group :laugh:

Edited by deepak

yeah still fun to listen to. I looked up what the UK Vertigo vinyl is going for since someone on SH is selling one. They go for between $1500-2500 :o

I didn't think anyone other than you would have heard of this group :laugh:

Yeah, it's crazy rare, one of the rarest Vertigo LPs.

I cannot stop listening to Pain of Salvation's Road Salt One.
This, still. Standout tracks include the Gary-Wright-esque title track; the Frank-Zappa-ish "Sleeping Under the Stars"; I also hear Tommy Bolin, the Faces, and Gospel.

EDIT: I might have meant "Free" instead of "The Faces", not sure.

Edited by Dusty Chalk

It doesn't end with those two, of course:

As half of the acclaimed duo Gnarls Barkley, Danger Mouse is no stranger to high-stakes collaborations. With the help of Sparklehorse, he has recruited a remarkable cast of contemporary artists to lend their vocals, including the Flaming Lips, Black Francis of the Pixies, Julian Casablancas of the Strokes, James Mercer of the Shins, Jason Lytle of Grandaddy, Gruff Rhys of Super Furry Animals, Nina Persson of the Cardigans, cryptic Southern songwriter Vic Chesnutt, avant-folk icon Suzanne Vega, punk titan Iggy Pop, and even David Lynch himself.