Can you believe this shit...damn

Blackmore

I just missed the auction of CDP, man, fucking IT people, at my office, just make impossible to bid, damnnnnnn....

We had an X-mas drink at our canteen, so, I went to my PC to make my fucking bid to UNISON CDP, but they have planned some fucking upgrade at the same time, cos everyone was away from their PC's, so, INTERNET simply was DOWN for 10 minutes, while the auction was ending in the same 10 minutes time, CAN YOU BELIEVE IT!?

Only one thing I can say, FUCK...:palm:

Sorry for all that fuck, just pissed...

I have had good luck with Justsnipe, using the free service. It limits you to 5 snipes a week, but that isnt a big deal here. I just tend to forget to bid otherwise, so really prefer to just snipe everything I am going to bid on.

So, unannounced network outages, I thought those were usually frowned on, even if it isnt expected that anyone will be working.

• 3 weeks later...

This is kind of cliche, but I just bought/won the same Unison Research Unico CDP 30 minutes ago, the same money, but with 12 month warranty...

Really exiting about it, cos, finally I will get some real high end source. It runs both ways, solid state and tube output stages. RCA are solid state and XLR are running on 2x ECC82 tubes, one per channel, which I will be using as main, I think.

More to come...:cool:

Thanks guys, I truly hope for the best. I have tried this CDP in someone else set up, man, it was great sounding system, so, just waiting and see how it will be doing in my...

Good thing that I am pretty known with ECC82=12AU7 tubes, so, I know where to look at it, at least I know who to send the mail for some nice match pair...

unicofronml6.jpg

unicozh0.jpg

Congrats, I hope you love it. Now start looking for some decent NOS tubes for that output hehehehe :palm:

Well congrats! Good things come to those who wait. ;)

Man, tell you this, my AKG K1000 were sold to finance Zana Deux and Zana gone after I bought EAR, so, to do so I must buy K1000 again, which wouldnt happened in the short period of time or ever...

If my financial situation will allow me to build K1000 rig in the future, I believe I am going to look at speakers with vinyl set up first. Dreams comes true, sometimes...

ps I have listened to fully Unison Research speaker set up and that was great, so, there is no reason for doubts that it may sound beautiful with K1000 as well.

So will this be driving your K1000 in the future then?

unisonresearchamplifierun4.jpg

This is kind of cliche, but I just bought/won the same Unison Research Unico CDP 30 minutes ago, the same money, but with 12 month warranty...

Really exiting about it, cos, finally I will get some real high end source. It runs both ways, solid state and tube output stages. RCA are solid state and XLR are running on 2x ECC82 tubes, one per channel, which I will be using as main, I think.

More to come...:cool:

Got some long plate square getter Mullards ready for that thing? No user serviceable parts my hairy ass.