REGA EAR HEADPHONE AMP

ginsu117

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though your response to Mr. Maher was douchy, my advice would be to get a good portable amp that you can use with your Shures. You can use a portable with your preamp and then take it with you when you are mobile. The HeadAmp AE-2 is a very good option at $349 new and less used. It has RCA inputs on the back and an mini jack on the front. Other portables have RCA inputs but I am not sure which ones. Also, you can simply use a good quality RCA-mini cable and use any of the variety of portable amps.

Either way, just DON'T ACT LIKE A DICK on this site and you will get along fine.

Hopefully, your preamp has some form of tape out or line out that is available. Not sure if your preamp is also an integrated amp or if it is separates, but there should be a tape out or line out available. You can also use a Y-splitter if it only has one output and you use that for a separate amp.

yes. there is a tape out that is available. its an integrated pre amp. so i guess my question is that if I hook this portable amp up to tape 2 of my pre amp and then want to use it to listen to my turntable will it work since the pre amp has to be on 'phono' in order to listen to the turntable.

The tape out sends whatever signal you have selected. Some older integrateds have a Tape 1, which always sends signal, and a Tape 2, which only sends signal when it is engaged. Usually, engaging Tape 2 (monitor) mutes all other outputs.

You should be able to listen to your turntable through the preamp this way. Whether you will enjoy piping a turntable directly into an IEM is another story...

The tape out sends whatever signal you have selected. Some older integrateds have a Tape 1, which always sends signal, and a Tape 2, which only sends signal when it is engaged. Usually, engaging Tape 2 (monitor) mutes all other outputs.

You should be able to listen to your turntable through the preamp this way. Whether you will enjoy piping a turntable directly into an IEM is another story...

We posted at the same time and I had contemplated adding your second point but I figured he can hear for himself whether vinyl into IEM equals bliss. :cool: