Happy 200th Birthday Charles Darwin!

Grahame

We need a good Darwin Award story to celebrate this momentous occasion. :D

Hmm, this one doesn't involve a death, but an acquaintance of mine is a high performance athlete. He was showing off for a girl last year by doing handstands, when he tipped over and impaled himself on one of his trophies.

Like I said, he didn't die, but he probably didn't reproduce that night either, so it's deserving of an honourable mention at least, if not an award.

Absolutely astonishing, thats the first of countless dinosaur cartoons I've found more amusing than counting my legs.

Also hurrah for Darwin. It continues to irk me that the loathsome British proles voted the monstrous Churchill our greatest ever Briton. Not nearly so awful as Diana making the top ten at all. But I digress.

There has been a pleathora of wonderful radio stuff about Darwin over the last wee while. I have a fair number of them on podcast. If anyone not fortuitous enough to be able to subscribe to the BBC wants copies I could upload them somewhere.

thats the first of countless dinosaur cartoons I've found more amusing than counting my legs.

You, sir, are apparently allergic to fun. Or easily digestible "humour". Good sir Darwin would have found yours melancholic, I've no doubt.:D

In conclusion: if there is hope, it lies in the proles.

Thumbs up for Darwin, one of the greatest scientists of all times.

Also hurrah for Darwin. It continues to irk me that the loathsome British proles voted the monstrous Churchill our greatest ever Briton. Not nearly so awful as Diana making the top ten at all. But I digress.

That's quite surprising, Churchill has good historical value, but Darwin is on a much higher level of greatness as far as I'm concerned. About Diana, I always thought the Brits fascination for her was strange, but at the same time, I can't understand why people here love Celine Dion...

Please, newton ripped off Euclid's axiomatic method. They were both hacks.

Not to mention that he stole Calculus from Leibniz. ;)

Churchill was a monster. First use of chemical weapons against a civillian population? Churchill against the Kurds. Set up the precident well for Mr Hussain about 100 years later. Fire-bombing of Dresden? Unsound both ethically, and in terms of the advancement of the war.

Churchill was a monster. First use of chemical weapons against a civillian population? Churchill against the Kurds. Set up the precident well for Mr Hussain about 100 years later. Fire-bombing of Dresden? Unsound both ethically, and in terms of the advancement of the war.

I just looked at the BBC 100 Greatest Brittons list and there are some pretty stupid things on there as expected. For example, David Beckham and JK Rowling ahead of James Maxwell. :palm:

A number who made the top britons list also made the Channel 4 worst britons list. Tony Blair and Lady T being the obvious ones.

Doing a skim of the 100 list, and thinking about who isnt on it too but whom I rate, I'd think these ten as a worthy list off the top of my head.

1)Charles Darwin (Biology)

2)Sir Isaac Newton (Physics/Astronomy)

3)William Shakespeare (literature)

4)Isambard Kingdom Brunel (Engineering)

5)James D. Watson (Genetics)

6)Alan Turing (Computers)

6)Oliver Cromwell (Politics)

7)James VI and I (Politics)

8)Margaret Thatcher (Politics)

9)Alexander Graham Bell (Telecommunications)

10)Sir Frank Whittle (Aviation)

Fuck John Lennon, him being in the top 100 nevermind the top ten is a fucking joke.