Whoa momma ♥ ♥ ♥

13575_2.jpg

Raid 0 1TB SSD :cool:

OCZ Demos 1 TB RAID0 Solid-State Drive with Unbelievable Transfer Speeds

Who would of guessed that exactly OCZ will be able to achieve the unachieveble. At CeBIT the famous overclocking memory and peripherals maker has demoed Z Drive, a PCI-Express x8 connection storage device that boasts four 256 GB (MLC-equipped) solid-state drives in RAID 0 setup. In total we get 1 TB space and 256 MB of data cache. Put this into a system with a Core i7 965 EE CPU and an ASUS P6T motherboard, get some external power for the drives, and you'll easily reach transfer speeds at up to 712 MB/s read, 500 MB/s write as well as almost zero access time, a dream come true. Now the bad news, the Z Drive is obviously going to cost a lot, about $1500 to be more precise.

http://www.techpowerup.com/86997/OCZ_Demos_1_TB_RAID0_Solid-State_Drive_with_Unbelievable_Transfer_Speeds.html

Watching Bluray disk rips while downloading full speed off of a fibre channel network with a gigabit ethernet card wouldn't even touch that speed. What would you use that for that could make it a possible bottleneck? I love it.

Can we save this post to remember in another ten years and have a good laugh? :P

disk io is definitely a bottleneck for me on the above referenced system

I'm actually sort of surprised by this grawk. Is the model really that data intensive that disk access is a problem or do the researchers do something stupid like write every time step? I mean if you're writing to disk you're screwed as far at simulation throughput.