brass or gold feet

Smeggy

Get four of those from here for $29.50 after shipping and cut up mouse pads underneath for floor discs as Amazon only has one left in stock under $4.87 before paying the $6.81 shipping.

You may want to check out Parts Express too. They Dayton Speaker spike set also that looks professional and has metal floor discs included for $21 then four plumb bobs, but they are just over three ounces as the plumb bobs can be had. They also have Dayton isolation cones for $25.25 (no weight listed). Still have to add in shipping.

Parts-Express.com - Search Results

Parts-Express.com - Search Results

...cut up mouse pads...
First of all -- cool idea, hadn't heard that one before, I might have to try it.

Secondly -- is that really enough? Probably for most gear, but for gear that isn't, one might consider embedding a coin between two pieces of cut up mouse pad. Or maybe a coin on the side which receives the pointy part of the brass foot, and mousepadding on the floor or shelf side.

Cool ideas guys. Those dayton gold spikes look like they'd do the job too. I only need two feet for the front, I'm going to rig a brass adjuster under the heatsink for the rear support. The amp is quite small so the biggest plumb bob I'd need is 4oz otherwise they're like 4" tall.

I gotta go look for black plastic cases too as a bottom plate to make everything neat. I'm enjoying this way more than I thought I would :D

First of all -- cool idea, hadn't heard that one before, I might have to try it.

Secondly -- is that really enough? Probably for most gear, but for gear that isn't, one might consider embedding a coin between two pieces of cut up mouse pad. Or maybe a coin on the side which receives the pointy part of the brass foot, and mousepadding on the floor or shelf side.

You might want to use various grades. It seems to work for various people I've seen (including Jude).

I recommend-

The Madisound Speaker Components Store

any of these, I think Parts Express sells some of these as well.

If you want to get kinky with your SS, then you could try these-

Studs And Spikes .com store

One of the guys who built a BottleHead amp used the spikes listed here.

Good luck.

Did you look at the suggested prices on those? :eek: Actually, I think I may have 3 of those around, forget where I got them from.

Smeggy: Partsconnexion is having a Bargain Basement sale on odds and ends they have laying around, and they do have some feet that sound like they would be nice. Go here and click on the bargain basement sale thing to grab a pdf of what they have. Some machined aluminum feet (sets of 4 for $2 or $5). Maybe something in there you might like, though they seem to lack the bling factor you seem to be seeking to emulate ;D