JH Audio stuffs

atothex

"This is because jaw movement slightly alters the shape of the ear canal. With IEMs, you need to maintain a good seal when your jaw moves into a wide-open position while singing or speaking."

See, this is the part that I am wondering about. I suspect that most of us are not putting these IEMs through the rigors of a stage performance. So while my jaw may slacken a little, it's never wide open when listening. Do you guys think there may be a "performer" setting and a "monitor" setting?

The guys behind the desk are usually either mouthbreathers or gritting their teeth.

I can only say that because I'm a mouthbreather.

ok you gotdam enabler shills. I have been avoiding this thread like the plague, but here I am. I have a UE10 pro and a UE 5c. I want the following information, and I want it now:

1) How does the JH13 compare, with specificity, to the UE10 pro (NOT the 11)? SQ, comfort, build quality, etc.

2) For those of you who have owned custom IEMs in the past, especially UE, are the JH13s more comfortable? If so, in what ways, and is it because JH has made some sort of manufacturing change?

3) My customs tend to induce a pressurized feeling in my ears due to the seal (and I am very familiar with the fit tweaks). Do you folks find the same deal with the JH13?

4) How does the JH13 compare directly to the HD800 (and save the "big can" v. "IEM" caveats)?

1. I own UE10's. I am praying for the day I get to own the JH13's. I really want the JH13's and am continuously telling myself that I don't NEED them.

2. I assume they would be the same. It all depends on the casting of your inner ear and how accurate it is done.

3. Don't know.

4. I constantly work with audio. I'd rather have the JH13.

You still listen to those?

The only ones I listen to right now are the JH13Pro, ES3X and UE11Pro. I don't bother with the old customs anymore - they don't sound as good or fit as well as these.

The Livewires T1 needed 3 re-fits and went from too loose to too tight. The SE530 in custom LW shell are slightly loose in the right, and actually have less bass than the LW T1 and a slight sibilance. The Freq Show never sounded that good to me, but work much better with a 75 ohm switch on an amp, but also fit a little loose on the right as well.

The only ones I listen to right now are the JH13Pro, ES3X and UE11Pro. I don't bother with the old customs anymore - they don't sound as good or fit as well as these.

The Livewires T1 needed 3 re-fits and went from too loose to too tight. The SE530 in custom LW shell are slightly loose in the right, and actually have less bass than the LW T1 and a slight sibilance. The Freq Show never sounded that good to me, but work much better with a 75 ohm switch on an amp, but also fit a little loose on the right as well.

How about just saying "no"?

HPA, if you could keep only one IEM, would it be the JH13?

Yes, that would be the one. Second choice ES3X, then UE11pro, then UM3X with UM56 tips, then W3 with UM56 tips, then Livewires T1 2-way, then my SE530 in Livewires shell... (out of the ones I own)

You still listen to those?

It was obviously a tongue-in-cheek question directed specifically at Vicki because of her very recent amp delivery. Cheeky monkey.

What, huh?

Welcome, and congrats. I can't imagine you'll be anything less than thrilled.

I'm pretty much using mine straight out of my iphone or ipod, or with my laptop and pico amp/dac, or with a portable Denon DCP-100. Haven't tried anything else yet. A few of us are getting together in about three weeks, and I'm hoping to try out some other amps.

Oh, and you don't have to **** out "fuck" here. Not that I use such language :angel: