Top Gear

Edwood

LOL, loved the Marauder's McDonalds drive thru ordering.

Is it just me, or they showed clips for this one last year for Here's what's coming up in the series?

-Ed

ya, they did...but I seriously plugged my ears & started humming etc....I HATE when shows do shit like that...House even does it right before the show starts...argh...

fyi, @BBC_TopGear is a good follow on Twitter...

LOL, loved the Marauder's McDonalds drive thru ordering.

Is it just me, or they showed clips for this one last year for Here's what's coming up in the series?

-Ed

Correct. They showed it during the intro to the series 15 America special episode (which I just started re-watching right now).

Ah yes, forgot that the specials actually kicked off the last series. I checked the first January episode.

I love when Top Gear is going because it makes me want to play Forza, which at other times I tend to forget. Went immediately after I saw the episode and bought the newer car pack with the new McLaren. Forgot to switch on the traction control since I rarely use it in Forza, they accurately modeled the fact the the thing is so heavily tuned that it will break the wheels loose constantly without the TCS on. Jeremy only talked about how to do it, there's a reason he never did. Once I had that figured I did a couple nice rounds on the Nurburgring.

Can't wait for the upcoming Forza 4. Full Top Gear UK involvement and the test track will be included.

• 2 weeks later...

you're srsly missin' out if you're not followin' on twitter...I'll try to post some links when in a better state...but they had Roger Daltry in the Lotus T125 & behind the scenes with Rowan Atkinson...

Richard Hammond's Journeys series is ok, but not as engrossing as Oz & James...but still an educational series I'd rather of had in grade school than the crap thrust upon us...

Where's the Top Gear love? As car based entertainment it succeed (I was entertained). Is it that they have set the bar so high on previous occasions? Or that we're getting jaded?

Not jaded at all about top gear, other than that I know how it's produced and why it can't always be great.I said I on occasion watch old episodes of top gear, and I've been doing this for many years, so some of them i've seen a solid handful of times. A few weekends ago when I was staying with my parents I sat my dad down and watched the Africa and Vietnam specials. That's a pretty solid statement of love. I just don't think that I'll be coming back for a second dose of Hot Hatch Scavenger Hunt or Watch Us Run An Electric Car Well Beyond Its Intended Use And Then Shit On It.

Edited by NightWoundsTime

i thought this series was pretty decent, and better than some of the recent ones, and i certainly looked forward to it each week, but it was... bland. part of the problem for me is that i've been watching some of Hammond's and (especially) May's other shows, and they are just so much better than what Top Gear has been putting out. perhaps it's time for it [TG] to be put to bed?

I disagree on ending it. As a car show it is still a million times better than Fifth Gear. I still watch it to see new cars, maybe even more than their hijinks.

• 2 weeks later...